cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

telepresence video and qos markings

pdinapoli
Level 1
Level 1

looking for clarification on how qos markings behave on the wire for a telepresence video call.

this could be a Cisco 9971 video phone, a Tandberg endpoint such as a small E20, an larger EX90, or even a room based system.

I understand AF41 is the standard marking for video packets.

is the voice stream within this video call still EF?

If you wireshark this would you see separate network streams?  a voice stream and a video stream? 

Thinking about how this could work... voice packets would land in my low latency queue on my WAN router, and video packets would land in my AF41 queue just below voice.

does this sound right?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rhayes2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry for the Delay in replying.

The two streams (Audio/Video) will be seen separately in a wire shark trace.  Both should be QOS marked the same; AF41 for consistent network treatment to avoid lip-sync issues. If marked differently, and they were to arrive at different times, you could have issues.

Hope this helps- If you have further questions, please reply so that others can benefit from the discussion.

Regards

Richard

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

rhayes2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry for the Delay in replying.

The two streams (Audio/Video) will be seen separately in a wire shark trace.  Both should be QOS marked the same; AF41 for consistent network treatment to avoid lip-sync issues. If marked differently, and they were to arrive at different times, you could have issues.

Hope this helps- If you have further questions, please reply so that others can benefit from the discussion.

Regards

Richard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: