cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Text to Voice for Call Handler Greeting? Unity Connection 10.5

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

I know in Unity Connection if you don't record a voice greeting connection will use text to voice to create a generic greeting for the user. 

However, what I would like to know is can you take this one step further and setup a call handler for a voicemail tree (I.E. press 1 for Bob, 2 for Larry) that you don't have to record the greeting but type the text for the greeting in and have the Unity Connection system automatically create the greeting using text to voice? 

Is this possible?  I know I could use a 3rd party text to speech application to make a recording and then upload it, but it would be much more convenient if I could just type the text directly into the Unity Connection call handler.  What do you think?

Jim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oh I see, yes, that is not available upto the current release.

However most organizations shun that as soon as possible (machine automated reading / TTS for customers)

Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that's not possible, you need to record your greetings directly in CUC, or record and then upload.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jim

Are you trying to achieve Dial by Directory? (e.g "if you want to speak to a person, please spell their first and last name"? kinda thing?

Regards

He's asking if you can type somewhere in CUC something like:

Hi, you reached ACME, to reach the roadrunner, press 1, to reach Wile E. Coyote press 2, etc.

And have CUC to translate that to his greeting using some sort of TTS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I already have the dial by name voice recognition setup where you can say a persons name and it works fine.  As Jaime stated I want the opposite.  The capability to type a greeting in Unity Connection and have it converted from text to a speech greeting. 

I know Connection has a Text to Speech Engine since it can say people's names when a voicemail box is initially setup and I believe it can also read emails to you over your phone if you have it integrated with exchange (we don't) so I was hoping there was some way to use this engine to create more complex greetings without having to have a real person record the message (which are inconsistent and we don't have a lot of staff that are good at recording these and usually have to record them multiple times before we get them passable. 

Oh I see, yes, that is not available upto the current release.

However most organizations shun that as soon as possible (machine automated reading / TTS for customers)

Regards

Hi, 

CUC doesn't have TTS capability to convert customized text to audio greeting. Only 3rd party can do this and yet you neednto upload the file manually