cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trace collection question

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

We are running callmanager v10.5.2 that has a sip trunk to VPI recording system. Does anyone know which trace to find the following information? This is from an email sent via RTMT. I'm looking for the successful sessions.

RecordedDeviceName : SEP203A07FC4EC9
RecordedDeviceDN : 6057212207
RecordedDeviceCallID : 130961476
GatewayGuid : RecordingMediaPreference : 2
RecordingMediaSource : 1
RecordingDestinationAddress : 6050006500
RecordingClusterID : BHCCCM6Cluster
CauseValue : 16 Reason : 1
AppID : Cisco CallManager ClusterID : BHCCCM6Cluster
NodeID : bhdccucmp02 TimeStamp : Wed Mar 25 10:39:02 MDT 2015.
The alarm is generated on Wed Mar 25 10:39:02 MDT 2015.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Brad

If you're trying to verify that you are sending it in the SIP sig, then the best way in my opinion is to do a packet capture on the CUCM server. That way you see what is actually sent on the line, rather than what CUCM says it's sending in the logs. No room for argument there.

I'm assuming there that you are not encrypting the SIP sig.

On your CUCM servers, run:

utils network capture port 5060 size all count 100000 file sipcap1

Then retrieve the files with RTMT or 

file get activelog platform/cli 

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not clear what you want.

If the session is succesful, you'll have a recording on your VPI system?

What other information would you want to see? SIP signalling traces? RTP traces? Internal CUCM logic?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I'm trying to prove that I'm sending calling number caller-id to our applications group. It isn't displaying in the application. I'll try packet captures.

Hi Brad

If you're trying to verify that you are sending it in the SIP sig, then the best way in my opinion is to do a packet capture on the CUCM server. That way you see what is actually sent on the line, rather than what CUCM says it's sending in the logs. No room for argument there.

I'm assuming there that you are not encrypting the SIP sig.

On your CUCM servers, run:

utils network capture port 5060 size all count 100000 file sipcap1

Then retrieve the files with RTMT or 

file get activelog platform/cli 

Aaron

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you collect the call manager tracefiles (detailed) and pull it for the exact timeframe as indicate in your post above, it will contain SIP signalling, you will need to filter based on MAC, so use notepad++ to open the log file(s).  also check to which server the phone is registered as this will prevent you from having to plough through all log files. 

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

DJ
Level 1
Level 1

CCM Traces would be sufficient enough..

use windows grep and search for called number..

INVITE message will contain the calling number and called number...

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you all for your input. All very helpful. I was able to get exactly the information I need.