Views
Helpful
Replies

Track ethernet interface to shutdown isdn PRI

alessandro.dona
Level 3
Level 3

HI guys,

i have two 2921 each of one has a E1 pri card both active with the same PSTN number.

2921 are in h323 with a couple of cisco call manager (8.6).

If one ehternet of one of my vg goes down i have an issue becauese calls from PSTN still continue to came in from that PRI but the call cannot be routed because link wiTH lan IS DOWN.

If is it possible to track gigabit and when it goes down to shut also the isnd e1 card(so calls come in only from the seconf vg)?

thx

regards

alessandro                  

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you explain how it is possible that in a normal LAN "one interface go down' ?

I think you should focus first  on inreasing reliability and redundancy in your network before looking for funky workarounds.

"If the gigabith of my VG goes down" means:

1. Some one can detach it

2. LAN CARD failure

3. switch where it is connetced failure.

The problem is not in LAN but in VG that has only one interface  connected to the lan.

Hi,

I totally agree with Paolo. This will make your life easier for long run.

For your query, the command is "busyout monitor interface " at voice-port level. It has some bugs. Once I tired to apply it and my router crashed in 12.4T(24)

"Please rate useful posts"

Hi mohammed,

tha for your reply...i will test it as soon as possible and i will keep ypu informed.

Regards

Alessandro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: