Helpful
Replies

Transfer of greeting and mailbox from one extension to another

Abhishek Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Problem Description:

One of the high priority user at client end requesting that there voicemail greeting and the existing voicemail mail box be moved from one particular extension eg. # 2345 to the new one that has been allotted to him eg. #6789.

Wanted to know, if such a scenario is possible w.r.t. to the greetings and voicemail profile transfer.

Version 7.0.2.10000-38 : Cisco Unity Connection !

Appreciate a response on this.

Thanks. 

Whatever level you reach getting better never stops -- Sachin Tendulkar       

6 Replies 6

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I follow your question then you are looking to change the assigned mailbox extension for the user. This is possible. You would need to change the extension as it is provisioned in CUCM (or whatever PBX you are using) so that the correct ANI (for direct) or RDNIS (for forwarded calls) is presented to Unity Connection. In Unity Connection, change the extension that is assigned.

If you need to support both on the same mailbox, that is also possible. Add an alternate extension to the mailbox. You should decide which extension is "primary". The extension assigned to the mailbox is the one used to signal MWI to the CUCM/PBX.

HTH.

-Bill (http://ucguerrilla.com)

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi William,

I would like to get rid off the # 2345 extension per se, so no alternate extension needs be mentioned on unity connection page.

What this user is looking for is putting the same lengthy greeting that he had made earlier for his new extension ( and not making a new one) and at the same time, all the current voicemail for the old extension, move to the new one without being deleted.

These are the two requests . Can you please let me know, where do i need to make changes for these in unity connection, if it is possible to be configured ( as being requested ).

Thanks.

Simply export th greeting via admin pages, upload it to the old mailbox and change the extension accordingly.

Chris

Can you please precisely let me know, where on the admin pages i need to make the changes.

Thanks.

Find the user, go to Greetings --> Standrd, under recordings press Play/Record and you should see an option to download/upload greeting.

HTH,

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Abhishek,

Just to add a note to the good tips from Bill & Chris (+5 each )

If you go to UC admin > Search for user @ 2345> pull up the User Basics

page and substitute extension 6789 in place of 2345 > Save

The greeting and all messages will move from 2345 to 6789

Cheers!

Rob

"Spend your life waiting,
for a moment that just don't come,
Well, don't waste your time waiting" 

-Springsteen