Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferred calls on Cisco phone not going to Voicemail

Dear Cisco Community,

I have a Cisco 8851 Phone. When i transfer a call from this phone to other two extensions (both  Cisco 8811 Phones) then the call keeps on ringing but doesnot got to the Voicemail after a couple of rings.

However, if i call those two extensions directly then the call goes to the voicemail after a few rings as expected. Kindly advise accordingly as this issue needs to be corrected.

Regards,

Vik.

11 Replies 11

VoIP Engineer
Level 1
Level 1
What are the voicemail settings of the second phone? Does it have "forward no answer" Voicemail checked on the line? How about the No Answer Ring Duration (seconds)?

Hi,

No Answer Ring Duration is set to 17 Seconds.

All other settings are exactly like other DNs on which it is working fine.

Regards,

Vik.

This issue is both with Internal (Cisco) phone and External Phone. 

The Cisco Version is as under:

Cisco Unified CM Administration

System version: 10.5.2.12901-1

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The original call you received on 8851, is it from internal phone or external PSTN phone?

Is this issue for internal calls or external calls?

What version of CUCM and Unity connection you are using?

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Roger Jin
Level 1
Level 1

Could you please describe how did you do the call transfer? 

Does the 8851 phone line have voicemail? In the first scenario it might go through the FWD-NA destination of the 8851 phone line.

I remember in the CUC, it has a global setting which checks to connet the original called number mailbox or transfered called number mial box.

Dear Roger,

Yes this phone 8851 has a voicemail. After a call is recieved on this phone extension (as it is a reception DN)  then it is transferred to another extension(Eg. 1566) . But when the call is transferred, then it keeps on ringing but does not go on voicemail.

But if you call directly on Extension: 1566 then it goes to voicemail after ringing certain number of rings as expected.

Can you please share screen capture of "Call pickup and forward settings" of DN 1566.

Dear Piyush,

So, calls are getting received on DN 1793 from which they are trnasferred to 1792 by receptionist. On 1792, the call keeps on ringing but doesnot go on voicemail. But if you call DN: 1792 directly then it goes to voicemail after certain rings.

As directed, please find the attached screenshot of Call Forward and Pickup settings on 1792.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Vik.

Call Forward and Pickup Settings.PNG

This is possiably the redirect call routing policy in the CUC.

I guess the call was already redirected before hit the recepionist extension. 

call flow might be:  Pilot number -> Receptionist ext -> user extension

There is an option "Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call" in the CUC, if that is not ticked(default), CUC checks the mailbox setting for the  first number for example the pilot number.

Hi Roger,

Where exactly can i find this setting ?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks,

Vik.

It is under System Settings -> Advanced -> Conversations

Please be aware it is a cluster wide setting

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: