cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transformation Patterns, Translation Patterns, and Route Patterns

jcarela89
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we have multiple site across the country.

I want to make sure all internal calls are routed over the WAN, as of right now almost everything is working correctly.

when an end user dials 91(212)XXX-XXXX we translate to sitecode and last 4 digits (8888XXXX)example. which works fine.

Now when a user calls using  outlook it's sending +1(212)XXX-XXXX which is routing to the PSTN.

so my question is, what's the best way to catch both but patterns?

I tried *1(212)XXX-XXXX which works, but i would like to what's best practices for this scenario 

i

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is why using e164 is so awesome. I would have thought that a \+1212.... Pattern and translate it in pretty much the same way as your 91212..... Translation would have the desired result. 

I tend to use e164 as much as i can cos it guarantees uniqueness even on the phones extension

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I would second Dennis's comment about using an e164 dial-plan.  Your Site-Code + Extension will work for so long, but you will hit a ceiling at some point.

As already discussed, use a Translation Pattern to strip off the leading +.  I can't remember the exact syntax without testing it but something like +.1212! stripping everything predot should work.

You also need to have a think about what happens if the link to that site goes down and the phones become unregistered.  If they have SRST at the remote site, anyone inside the organisation won't be able to call that office.  AAR is only for bandwidth limits, not if the site is down.  You will need to make sure you have a plan to utilise the CallFwdUnreg fields of the Directory Numbers to get the calls to route out over the PSTN.