Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation pattern

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

hello dears

I have multiple sites nd my calling scheme is *1 to site A  nd * 4 to site B, and I pretending the dial code if incase the user see the mis call on his phone.I have 7 sites so for total I have to create a 49 translation pattern is there are another way of design instead of translation pattern.

thanks

10 Replies 10

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Clark,

Please provide a few more details. You have 7 sites, do you have a separate access code for all the 7 sites? Are you stripping the *1 , *4 etc on the Translation patterns before routing to respective sites? Are you trying to setup every site with separate set of Translation patterns to other 6 sites by using CSS/partitions that restrict every site to access its particular set of translation patterns? How did you arrive at this figure of 49 translation patterns for these 7 sites?

Manish

Dear Aseem

I didn't understood can you elaborate more.

Dear Manish

do you have a separate access code for all the 7 sites

yes

you stripping the *1 , *4 etc on the Translation patterns before routing to respective sites?

yes

Are you trying to setup every site with separate set of Translation patterns to other 6 sites by using CSS/partitions that restrict every site to access its particular set of translation patterns?

yes

How did you arrive at this figure of 49 translation patterns for these 7 sites?

for example

*1 Site A

*2 Site B

*3 Site C

*4 Site D

*5 Site E

*6 Site F

*7 Site G

Calling from Site A to Site B below is the steps I m creating.

PT: SiteA-TO-SIteB

CSS:  Site-B-Phones partitions phones

Creating Translation pattern 

Translation Pattern:*6XXXX

PT:SiteA-TO-SIteB

CSS:Site-B-Phones partitions phones

Calling Party transformation mask:

prefix digits: *6

Called Party transformation mask:

Called Party: XXXX

I am doing the vice versa for site B to site A, so the total count will reach to 42  and not 49 for all the sites

thanks

Dears,

Anybody can help me for the query above.

thanks

Hi Clark,

How are you routing the calls between these sites ?

All these site extensions registers with CUCM or you are using any gateways/trunks to route the calls between sites?

If all these site extensions are registering with CUCM, then you could think of assigning different series of extensions for each sites and there is no need for translation patterns as such.

HTH

Rajan

Dear Ameen

how things will work with 7 translation pattern only though they are in one partition

for example

site A calling Site B

Site A code *1

Site B Code *2

Site C Code *3

translation pattern

Site A user is calling site B user he is dialing *2XXXX and the prefix digit for calling party is *1 incase the site B user misses the calls so that on the display he can redial that number but according to your suggestion I cannot achieve this.

2)  According to your suggestion if I put them in one partition and in the translation pattern CSS option I have to add all the site internal partition so that when a user from any site dials he should be able to reach

to elaborate more the above paragraph  for example

PT_Site A _Phones  example DN=1111

PT_Site B_Phones   example DN=2222

PT_SiteC_Phones    example DN=1111

all translation pattern *1,*2,*3 in one  partition PT_ALL-TRANSLATION

CSS-ALL-TRANSLATION -->contains below partitions and it will be used in translation pattern

PT_Site A _Phones,PT_Site B_Phones, PT_SiteC_Phones

CSS_Site A contains below partions for reaching to other sites

PT_ALL-TRANSLATION

now lets assume user from Site B call Site C on 1111 the call will only reach to Site A user it will not reach to Site C user becz the partition "PT_Site A _Phones"  in CSS-ALL-TRANSLATION is above "PT_SiteC_Phones" so the call will always hit to DN 1111 on partition Site A phones

Dear Ranjan

How are you routing the calls between these sites ?

All DN are registered in CUCM through WAN by centralized CUCM

All these site extensions registers with CUCM or you are using any gateways/trunks to route the calls between sites?

yes by CUCM

If all these site extensions are registering with CUCM, then you could think of assigning different series of extensions for each sites and there is no need for translation patterns as such.

there are overlapping extensions and want to use dial code as cisco best practice.

Thanks

Hi Clark,

can you change the dial plan to use 5 digit extensions with the first digit representing site codes if feasible. This will help identifying calls from different sites and also avoid complexities with using translation patterns.

Thanks

Rajan

Dear Ranjan,

can you change the dial plan to use 5 digit extensions with the first digit representing site codes if feasible

Country has a 8 digit landline numbers 12345678, If suppose i am using the last 5 digit from the DID for DN of the users so you mean by first digit  "4" as a site code

This will help identifying calls from different sites and also avoid complexities with using translation patterns

If suppose the fifth digit overlaps then ?? the only solutions translation pattern please correct if I m wrong ??

thanks

Dears 

can anybody help me for the query.

Hi Clark,

For a simple setup, I would suggest you to create 7 translation patterns and add them in one partition PT_Intersite and in the CSS of all the phones make sure you have added PT_Intersite.

*1 Site A

*2 Site B

*3 Site C

*4 Site D

*5 Site E

*6 Site F

*7 Site G

Aseem

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you have 7 sites, you can create the intersite translation patterns and add all of the translation patterns under one partition, say for example PT_InterSite. 

7 Translation patterns:

*1XXXX site A in PT_Intersite

*4XXXX Site B in PT_Intersite

etc 

Aseem

(Please rate if useful)