Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting failed LDAP user import - Unity Connection

Brendan Ord
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having problems importing a user from LDAP in CUC.  All LDAP binds have been setup.  This is the first test user, I'm not sure if I have another user to test with.  This is a production system so I assume that any other users would have duplicate extension, so probably unable to test...

The error I get is;

Thursday, August 22, 2019 4:31:06 PM AEST ERROR importing user (username@customer.com.au) with extension = 412 : The specified column value is invalid.

No different to any other install I've done where using mail attribute for User ID.  Originally, the telephoneNumber attribute had spaces, which I had the customer remove but still the same error.

I'm chasing information on which logs are going to give me output to determine which "column value is invalid".  If only there was some more detail in the error message...

Unfortunately, I have no access to the customers AD server.  Users are working in CUCM just fine.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Hari Prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Brendan,

Please confirm below.

Is new user synced to CUCM or not.

Is LDAP IP  and ports configuration correct.

Are you able to reach LDAP IP from CUCM and Unity connection.

Next Action -

You need to verify the LDAP status from LDAP Authentication and port number.

If reachability is fine then i will suggest you to re-add the LDAP ips into LDAP authentication and do a resync again.

If problem still appear then share Dirsync traces from CUCM RTMT to check it further.

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad

Hi Hari,

> Is new user synced to CUCM or not.

Yes, synced to CUCM.

>Is LDAP IP  and ports configuration correct.

Yes, LDAP details on Unity are correct.

Are you able to reach LDAP IP from CUCM and Unity connection.

> Yes, this part is working all normally and reachable.

Next Action -

> You need to verify the LDAP status from LDAP Authentication and port number.

Should all be good.  UI doesn't complain when I add the LDAP servers in.

> If reachability is fine then i will suggest you to re-add the LDAP ips into LDAP authentication and do a resync again.

As I've recently taken over this system, there was an old decommissioned LDAP server setup.  I removed all the Directory binds, deactivated the authentication, changed the LDAP System to mail for User ID, setup brand new Directory bind and then enabled LDAP auth.  Full sync works fine.  But, when I import a new user from LDAP, that's the message I get.

If problem still appear then share Dirsync traces from CUCM RTMT to check it further.

> I'll have a look at DirSync trace on CUC.  I didn't think DirSync trace would show up the problem when I'm importing.  Was under the impression that the LDAP sync puts users in some database, and the Import User function moves the user from that database into the CUC Users database?

I tested with another LDAP user that didn't already have a mailbox and received the same error, so let's say this affects all users when attempting to import them from LDAP.  The other existing users are all synced from CUCM, where they are local (transitioning everything from local users to LDAP users).  I did a BAT export of LDAP Users, and the user appeared in that however I wasn't able to see any fields that might be incorrect.  Should the user appear in that export at all?

Hello Brendan,

Please try to restart DirSync service form Unity connection once and then check the status.

If you still face same issue then verify the configuration of LDAP in Unity connection.

Refer below mentioned URL.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/administration/guide/10xcucsagx/10xcucsag120.pdf

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad