Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunk Group with MGCP

Hello Community,

We've added new PRI to our single PRI. PRIs are controlled by a 7.1.5 CUCM via MGCP, we are using 3925 15.0(1r)M16 for gateway.

Now, we are configuring SRST/mgcp fallback... I am wondering if i can assign the PRIs to a Trunk group; would it cause issues with MGCP or when it goes to SRST mode?

Thanks in advance!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In SRST, the mgcp application is not active. The fall back is to H323, so there is no impact on your trunk groups or mgcp

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

Ramon,

When running MGCP, Q.931 media is backhauled to CUCM so you should be ok. The trunk group will come into play when your dial-peers are used, this will only happen during SRST in h323 mode.

Thanks,

FG

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In SRST, the mgcp application is not active. The fall back is to H323, so there is no impact on your trunk groups or mgcp

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks Ayodeji! I worry the trunk group command under Serial interface would have impact to mgcp application.

Ramon,

When running MGCP, Q.931 media is backhauled to CUCM so you should be ok. The trunk group will come into play when your dial-peers are used, this will only happen during SRST in h323 mode.

Thanks,

FG

Thanks Francisco!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: