Views
Helpful
Replies

Trusted Relay Point

guy.richard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to deploy Cisco Unified Communications on a multi site design.

The particularity is that on each site data vlans are interconnected via a "Data IP WAN" while voice vlans are connected together through a separate "Voice IP WAN".

I'll have wired IP Phones and Jabber SoftPhones on each sites so I plan to configure "Trusted Relay Point" functionnality on each remote sites IOS gateways.

On a given site, to have the same Gateway accessible from each Vlan, I will attach all voice protocols (SCCP, SIP, H323, SRST) to a loopback interface reachable through 2 physical interfaces one in the data Vlan and the other one in the voice vlan.

That is, all is working well (using G711) but the "Voice IP WAN" provider ask me to use low bandwidth codec (like G729).

Is it possible to configure "Trusted Relay Point" either to transcode itself the RTP Stream, either to force it to use Transcoding ?

Flow:

Jabber_A--> (G711) DataVlanA-->TRP_A--> (G729) VoiceVlanA --> Voice IP WAN --> (G729) VoiceVlanB --> TRP_B (G711) --> DataVlanB --> Jabber_B

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. You would need to put the Jabber devices in a Region which restricts the per-call bandwidth to a low bitrate codec such as G.729. The TRP is just an MTP.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. You would need to put the Jabber devices in a Region which restricts the per-call bandwidth to a low bitrate codec such as G.729. The TRP is just an MTP.

Hi Jonathan,

I already have configured different régions to use g729 between remote sites but, however, you put me on the way telling that TRP is just a MTP.

I fact I was thinking that the RTP flow between the 2 TRP's were re generated by the TRP's themself, and in the "dspfarm profile xx mtp" configuration I could only see G711.

But using "codec passthrough" in the "dspfarm profile mtp", the Jabber_A G729 is sent to B.

Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: