Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to Use 10.1.10.1 getting Java Security Certficate Exception

JOSEPH GALEA
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was using 10.1.10.1 to access UC540 - all was well.  Suddenly, I am receiving a Java error when trying to upload Voicemail Greetings (Voicemail, Mailboxes, mailbox#, greetings.  If I try to upload or record a greeting I get: "The Publisher Cannot be verified as a Trusted Suroce".  java won't run spins and spins --- I can't upload recorded greeting or record a greeting.  Seems to have to do with  "com.cisco.aesop.mediamaster.MMApplet" and/or "java.security.cert.CertificateException: Your security configuration will not allow granting permission to new certificate".   I get the same whether IE or Chrome.  I am using IE 8.0.7601. Java is 7.0.170.2

Is there a default certifcate I can load somewhere to allow Java to work?

Joe

jgalea@nninet.com

1 Reply 1

JOSEPH GALEA
Level 1
Level 1

I went into my PC Control Panel. Clicked on Java Icon – the Java Control Panel came up.  [FYI, Java Control Panel Version 7 update 17 (build 1.7.0_17-b02)]  I went to the Advanced Tab – scrolled down to Security – I checked off “Enable Granting Elevated Access to Signed Apps”. It now works!?  I have subsequently unchecked “Enable Granting Elevated Access to Signed Apps” in case there are security issues here but once accepted it seems OK.