Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two questions about CME/CUE on C2951 platform

I am trying to spec out a C2951 unit, which will be supporting 150 users at its maximum.   My question is:

1.  If I get an NME-CUE module, will it support up to 150 voicemail boxes?

2.  With just a single T1 PRI w/24 voice channels as my connection to the POTS network, now many PVDM3 modules should I need?  Will a single PVDM3-32 module suffice to start, or should I have more channels (i.e. get an additonal PVDM3-64 module for 96 channels.)

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robert,

Here we go

1. Yes the NME-CUE will scale to 275 users;

License Support for Version 7.1 and Later

Platform

Number of Mailboxes

Hours of Storage

Concurrent Voicemail and Automated-Attendant Ports and Sessions

Cisco Unity Express Network Module (NME-CUE)

0-275

8-24

Cisco Unity Express Advanced Integration Module (AIM-CUE and AIM2-CUE-K9)

0-65

Cisco Integrated Services-Ready Engine (ISM-SRE-300-K9)

0-100

2-10

Cisco Service Module Services-Ready Engine (SM-SRE-700-K9)*

0-500

4-32

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps5520/product_data_sheet0900aecd806aefe4.html

2. Yes, 1-PVDM3-32 would suffice for one PRI if you increase the number of PRI's down the road you can add

additional PVDM's or if you are pretty sure this number will increase just start with a PVDM3-64 or PVDM3-96.

Cheers!

Rob

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All the limits per platform are here:

Release Notes for Cisco Unity Express 8.5

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_5/rel_notes/rel_notes85.html

Assuming all you need is TDM termination for a T1 you're good to go with a PVDM3-32

You can always use the

DSP Calculator

http://www.cisco.com/web/applicat/dsprecal/dsp_calc.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For high-capacity, high-performance VM on a ISR G2, I recommend you use SM-SRE-700-K9, not NME-CUE.

I'm not sure I understand the Sm-SRE-700-K9 recommendation.  That's just a service router module.  I would STILL require the actual CUE module to provide voice mailboxes for my users.  What advantage does the SM-SRE-700-K9 offer me, apart from offloading processing from the ISR's central processor?

It is an hardware on which CUE software runs. Check documentation.

Altough looking at you required number of 150 users, NME-CUE is probably the most correctly sized device.

The SRE is the "updated" NM-CUE, you would purchase one or the other, not both.

They are there own mini machine, with motherboard, memory, and hard-drive or (Flash), basically small computers which are interconnected through the routers switched fabric, and the NM ofcourse has an ethernet port, the ISM's are internally switched....

The other thing to consider which is hardly ever mentioned is Port licensing! The default for the NM-CUE is 8 (which is ok), but for the SRE it is 2 or 4 depending on module?  Port as in, how many simultanious sessions your allowing to connect to CUE, so the base license I wouldnt think works for very few companies, i.e. SRE-300 = 2Ports (so after my second caller tries to leave a VM, it's no bien)

Anyway hope this helps, we work with a tone of these so if you have any other questions, let me know...

Regards,

Chris, my understand is that Port licenses counts only for IVR sessions, those that are enabled in turn with the IVR license for advanced scripting.

They do not count for regular VM or AA sessions, that are only limited the plattform-specific value of "sessions enabled".