Views
Helpful
Replies

UC Application Migration(V2V)

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5
Dear All,

We are in the midst of migrating to new hardware; application currently installed was CUCM,CUC& IMP in version 12.0, but we intend to migrate these applications to new hardware and upgrade to version 14. Could you please assist me with the PCD migration and upgrading procedure and Files required?

Please note we are intend to with simple migration using PCD, with same network information of old cluster. Can we completely migrate CUC & IMP cluster using PCD?

18 Replies 18

You can migrate CUCM and IMP using PCD. But the unity will be backup restore. 

There is also another option called, fresh install with data export. In this option you export the old cluster data to a SFTP server and will use this during the installation of fresh nodes.

Refer this video, the version used is old. But the concept remains same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd7dvvP103E

Response Signature

For unity connection do i need to DRS restore, Can i install ver 14 and restore CUC ver 12 DRS backup .

You can’t do that. DRS backup can only be restored on same version.

Response Signature

Fo unity connection, I recommend using COBRA Export and Import. I found it relatively simple and easy to perform. 

Regards, 

Regarding CUCM migration, Since i am going with same Network information. I believe i don't need to worry about the phone migration. There wont be any process of deleting ITL/CTL files?

No, there Is no need to. Use the PCD and the migrations will be smooth.. 

Response Signature

If you can forgo the idea to use PCD you could simply move your current VMs with vMotion to the new host and then upgrade the systems to the wanted version.

Might I ask what is the benefit you see with actually doing a migration with PCD to new VMs?

Response Signature

The plan is that we are transitioning to new hardware and will be migrating from CUCM and CUP12.x to 14. PCD will import all data from version 12.x to version 14.x.

I do trust that you know that you can move your current VMs as is to the new hardware?

Response Signature

I didn't give a try on moving VM using Vcenter, Is it a recommended method of moving to new hardware?

It is what I have used for years and it works flawlessly. VMotion is supported by Cisco.

Response Signature

I will test this in my lab environment; on next migration will give a try out.Using PCD migration do i required to upload any cop files, is it fine to upload bootable files in fresh install directory.

As I have never used PCD for this I wouldn’t know. There are other in the community that has, like @Nithin Eluvathingal. Hopefully he or someone else can help you out with this.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: