Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 Incomming Number Problem

We have two Numbers to reach us. With the first Number the incoming Num.. is displayd  "00xxxxxxxx" and a callback entry is in phonebook. When the second number is used the incoming Num. is displayed "xxxxxxxxx" and no entry in missing or answered calls.

Is that a dial-plan issue or a translation problem.

The second Number is a masking Number for our main Number and is map by our telco on it..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have not looked at the config in detail, but the missing zeros are due a translation-profile not applied in case of secondary number.

And the fact of no call to secondary number are kept in directory, is likely due to an IOS bug in calls sent via overlay-DN. There is also an excessive use of overlay-Dn in your configuration.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you explain in different words ? It's quite difficult to understand what do you mean.

We have one Number like many other people and a service Number, Over the two Numbers other can call us.

The First Number I will call "x" and the second Number "y".

When someone call "x" in the display of our phones (7060,7040G) the Number is displayed in the correct form like "001234567". The Number is saved in the Missed calls or answers calls directory of the Phones.

Now a costumer called "y". In the Display appears the Number "1234567" without the two zeros. The Number is not saved in missed calls or anwersd calls directory.

Now my Question :

I don't find an entry point to fix the problem.

Is this a dial-plan issue , a translation-rule problem or something other.

both numbers are provide by our telco but where is the difference between the two Numbers when the call is directed to our connection, so that the uc520 make a difference between them.

How do you know which number is being called ? Called numbers usually do not appears in display.

Why correct number starts with 00? Nowhere in the world numbers start with 00.

Are you the person that configured the UC520? Are you using iSDN? Do you know how the numbers are routed to phones ?

Sorry I mean the orginating Number or the Number is calling us..

The first Zero is for conection to our telco Net. The second is for the City Number like  0 Telco Telefon

No I am not the person that configure the UC. I am the person that have to fix the problem :-). The person that configure this, has left the company.

So you are saying:

When people calls your primary number, you see calling number prefixed with 00, and the calls appears in under directory, received or missed calls.

When people calls your secondary number, you see calling number NOT prefixed with 00, and you do not see the call under directories, received or missed calls.

In both cases, you can answer and talk normally.

Correct ?

p.bevilacqua wrote:

FYI, 00 is the international access code across most of Europe...same as 011 in US/CAN.

dksingh wrote:

p.bevilacqua wrote:

FYI, 00 is the international access code across most of Europe...same as 011 in US/CAN.

Actually, across most of the world.

In this particualr case, I believe the OP is in Germany, and can do without using an access digits, because the German dialplan allows that.

Yes i work in Germany

The first zero is needed to connect us to the local phonegrid. The second is the first digigt oft the citycode in Germany like "030" for Berlin.

Detail:  when somne call our first number or the second number without a direct call to one special phone the "00" is missing and the number is not save in the missed calls etc. But when someone called the number with a direct call to one phone the "00" is displayed and saved.

One thing is clear for me, there is somwhere a missing or a wrong translation-rule in this config but where.

I have not looked at the config in detail, but the missing zeros are due a translation-profile not applied in case of secondary number.

And the fact of no call to secondary number are kept in directory, is likely due to an IOS bug in calls sent via overlay-DN. There is also an excessive use of overlay-Dn in your configuration.

Ok, first i have to reduce overlay-dn and find the missing translation rule and place it. ........

Is one way to reduce overlay using huntgroups or is this the same ?

Yes, you can use ephone-hunt, but the details require to know how you company operates, who does what and when, etc.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!