cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 - 7 digit and 10 digit dialing

marc.reiter
Level 1
Level 1

We just changed to a UC560 and just discovered that we need to dial a 1 to dial local numbers in a different area code.

I tried adding a couple extra dial plans for each area code (9859xxxxxxx, 9937xxxxxxx), but it starts ringing after the 8th digit is dialed (including the 9).

How can I configure this?

Thanks,

- Marc

4 Replies 4

Logan Gaffney
Level 1
Level 1

Ryan,

Could you attach a show run?  The must be a more specific dial-peer that is being matched and would like to look at the config.

Attached are the outgoing dial plans in the sho run.

I see that you have 2 dial-peers as pasted below which ones might be creating a problem in your scenario

dial-peer voice 63 pots
trunkgroup ALL_FXO
corlist outgoing call-local
description **CCA*North American-7-digit*7-Digit Local**
translation-profile outgoing OUTGOING_TRANSLATION_PROFILE
preference 5
destination-pattern 9[2-9]......
forward-digits all
no sip-register

dial-peer voice 62 pots
trunkgroup ALL_T1E1
corlist outgoing call-local
description **CCA*North American-7-digit*7-Digit Local**
translation-profile outgoing OUTGOING_TRANSLATION_PROFILE
preference 3
destination-pattern 9[2-9]......
forward-digits all
no sip-register

I see that you have additional dial-peers for area code 859 and 937 area code. I guess you must be trying to dial these numbers without trying to dial a 1 before those numbers. If thats the case it will not work with your current dial-peers since these are overlapping with dial-peers 62 and 63. Just to test, shut down dial-peers 62 and 63 and try making test calls. Check whether it solves your issue.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Please rate helpful posts

Are you saying that it's conflicting with the 7 digit dial plan?  I kinda think we need that.  The idea is to be able to allow 7 digit dialing for the local area code (513), and allow 10 digit dialing for the local and adjacent area codes (513,859, 937) for numbers that are not long distance.

Thanks,

- Marc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: