Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC9 ELM shows synchronization status "application error"

Adding a NFR license causes the License Manager to show a synchronization Status of "Application Error". I tried to find more documentation about this error but to no availability. Does Anybody know what is causing this error?

Here is the full story how I got to this point:

I registered a NFR License for a Demo system consisting of CUCM, CUC and CUP. License process was flawless and the registartion worked as intended. I had the license rolled in after I did a bunch of configurations for a new demo session. After that I reverted to the current snapshot. This Snapshot did not contain the license but was the same License MAC as before. Now I tried to roll in the same license to take another snapshot to have a point to return to for other demo events. Synching the License now yields the "Application error"

The License status in UCM shows no sync activity as if the license manager is not even requesting the license. If no license file is added in ELM the synchronization process shows "Successful"

I attached the Lichense log

Best

Patrick

2 Replies 2

I was having the same problem on a customer's install after having to rebuild the publisher/ELM server.

Now, I have no idea why, but when I tried to add the CUCM and CUC server product instances into the ELM server again (without deleting the existing instances), I got an error that the servers already existed.  However, when I synchronized again, the application errors went away.

I'd love to hear more on why this might have happened in the first place ... if anyone from Cisco could weigh in.

It seems in my case it is somewhat different because the licenses are NFRs. I am currently working with Cisco to get a grasp on this effect and if it is possible to revert back to a snapshot without running into this again.

As it seems a revert to snapshot may work if the license was installed before reverting. In other words reverting to a point the licenses have been there and verified in the snapshot. I did the license install after I took the snapshot and reverted back to it. Trying to install it again (all the same License mac etc) lead to the described application error. A usual production license could easily be rehosted, but the licensing web-page does not have this function for a NFR.