Helpful
Replies

UCCX Device Pool and Region

Nishad Ismail
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUCM 10.5.2 and UCCX 10.6

UCCX system parameters codec :G711

UCCX located in HO ,We have 75 Branch offices are working from centralised CUCM cluster

Within HO region calls use G711 ,Between different regions we use G729 Codec

We have different regions and DP for each branches (LAN G711 and WAN G729)

I have tried calling from Branch but call was unsuccessfull , From HO the call is successful

So do i need to create seperate Region and DP for UCCX CTI routepoint and CTI Ports ?

Or can i have Transcoder configured in MRGL to fix this ?

I want PSTN and internal calls to UCCX

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Transcoder on the CTI ports should take care of this. Make sure the transcoder is registered to the CUCM and make sure the codecs of G729r8 and G711u (or a) are configured on the transcoder.

Another option is a new Device Pool with a Region configured for G711 to everything and assign it to the CTI ports.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nishad,

You should assign a transcoder to the MRGL assigned to CTI ports for UCCX, it will take care of the issue.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

The transcoder is already added to MRGL of CTI ports ,Even the CTI routepoint Device poolMRGL also having transcoder resources

Regards,

Nishad Ki

Transcoder on the CTI ports should take care of this. Make sure the transcoder is registered to the CUCM and make sure the codecs of G729r8 and G711u (or a) are configured on the transcoder.

Another option is a new Device Pool with a Region configured for G711 to everything and assign it to the CTI ports.

Transcoder which i added eirlier had some issue ,So added local transcoder

Now the Remote location call are working fine