Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 7.1.5 LDAP Integration

James Matthews
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm in the process of trying to integrate our UCM with AD but I've come up against a problem with the mixture of User ID's we currently have configured in AD.

At the moment we have the following permutations of sAMAccountNames:

StaffID - ie 0355414

SurnameFirstinitial - ie MatthewsJ

ContractorID - ie c055414

In UCM the user id is consistent with the Staff ID apart from the fact that contractor id's are preceded with a "10" instead of a "c".

Because we have around 3000 users who are used to logging on with a numeric user id we do not want to start using alphanumeric logins when we integrate.

My question is, if we were to specify another field rather than sAMAccountName under the AD user, for example "title" with a consistent 7 number login can we then map this across to the UCM User ID?

I'd appreciate any assistance anybody could give.........

Thanks

6 Replies 6

James Matthews
Level 1
Level 1

After a bit of further investigation I can see that it's possible to specify one of the following attributes for the user id:

sAMAccountName (cannot use this because of reasons specified in last post)

mail (cannot use - alphanumeric)

employee number (cannot use - alphanumeric)

telephone number (cannot use - contains + which is not on phone keypad)

userPrincipalName (cannot use - alphanumeric)

Is it possible to add another field/attribute?

No, you need to select one of those as the userID. You cannot select/add anything else from what's available.

LDAP Attribute for User ID

If synchronization with the LDAP server is enabled, you can choose an  LDAP attribute value for the user ID. Choose one of the following values  from the drop-down list box:

For Microsoft Active Directory

sAMAccountName

mail

employeeNumber

telephoneNumber

userPrincipalName

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b02ldsys.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Is there any chance that Cisco is going to add the IP Phone field to the "LDAP Attribute for User ID".

Regards,

Richard van Berkel

Telindus-ISIT NL

That's not likely to happen, if you're interested in that, you'll have to reach your AM to submit a PER.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Regards,

Richard

I've successfully used the following command to change the User ID to ipPhone.  You'll need to restart Tomcat and DirSync after and of course it's unsupported by Cisco.

'run sql update directorypluginattribute set dirobjectclassattrname='ipPhone' where tkldapserverattr = 1'