Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM-LDAP Integration (sn attribute)

Sharif Hayudini
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate ccm 9.1 with ldap for a 6000+ user base where ~90% of the user accounts have no (sn attribute). Would it be possible to import user account by pointing to a different attribute (e-mail address?)

Thanks,

Sharif

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry Sharif, the 'sn' attribute is required and there isn't an override option for it. You can only add additional constraints through the custom LDAP filter and the LDAP Search Base. Time to do some housekeeping in LDAP! While on the topic, don't forget to populate telephoneNumber or iPhone with a *unique value* for each user. Jabber doesn't do so well with multiple matches.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you want to use the attribute as user ID?  If so you can use one of the following:

sAMAccountName

mail

employeeNumber

telephoneNumber

userPrincipalName

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply!

The problem is that whenever I synchronize with ldap, I get ~500 accounts out of the 6000.

Most user accounts created in active directory are missing data in the "sn" attribute, so they're skipped..

What I'm hoping to do is to synchronize using a populated attribute if possible?

Sharif

Sorry Sharif, the 'sn' attribute is required and there isn't an override option for it. You can only add additional constraints through the custom LDAP filter and the LDAP Search Base. Time to do some housekeeping in LDAP! While on the topic, don't forget to populate telephoneNumber or iPhone with a *unique value* for each user. Jabber doesn't do so well with multiple matches.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: