cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Dial International Calls from the USA

smh1218
Level 1
Level 1

I am having difficulties getting International Calls to go through. Does anyone have any clue to what would be preventing me from making those calls?

RtR Config:

controller T1 0/0/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

!

controller T1 0/2/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

pri-group timeslots 1-24

vlan internal allocation policy ascending

!

isdn switch-type primary-ni

!

voice-port 0/2/0:23

bearer-cap Speech

!

!

!

!

dial-peer cor custom

name internal

name local

name domestic

name international

name 900

name 976

!

dial-peer cor list call-international

member international

!

dial-peer cor list user-international

member internal

member local

member domestic

member international

!

dial-peer voice 6 pots

description Outgoing Calls

destination-pattern 9T

port 0/2/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 5 pots

description International

destination-pattern 9011T

port 0/2/0:23

forward-digits 15

!

20 Replies 20

I want to thank everybody for all of the help on this issue. The problem is resolved, I set the config to:

interface Serial0/2/0:23

no ip address

isdn switch-type primary-ni

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn map address ^011.* plan unknown type international

i have a problem making international calls

the carrier ATT(Megacom) says I am sending International and it should be national and they dont want to see the 011

how do i strip the 011...CM 4.1 PRI MGCP

thanks

Colum

Hello,

Here's what you do:

Create a route filter and call it international. Set a clause in the route filter stating international-access == exists. Apply this route filter to your route pattern that you are using for international calls. On your route pattern, digit strip is PreDot. Im assuming your route pattern is 9.@. Then make a route group, lets call it international, and add the PRI's that you need to add. Then make a route list also called international, and add your international route group to the route list. On the route list configuration, you are going to use the discard digits option called "PreDot IntlAccess IntlDirect Dial. Then bounce mgcp and it should send calls to the PSTN marked "national" and strip the 011.

Also, on the PRI's in question, set all the numbering types and plans to "Cisco CallManager".

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Colum,

Here's one way to accomplish this. Make your route pattern in CCM (Route Plan > Route/Hunt > Route Pattern) 9011.! and make Discard Digits under Called Party Transformations PreDot. Also, in your gateway/endpoint configuration (Device > Gateway > Choose your gateway > Choose your endpoint), make the numbering type National.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

The strip seems to be working but still says type international...where could it be getting it from

Called Party Number i = 0x91, '4401614746081'

Plan:ISDN, Type:International

the type under Device > Gateway > Choose your gateway > Choose your endpoint is National

Try changing it all to Cisco CallManager and see if that works.