Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to login & Database Communication Error on IM&P server

@Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

I am having the following servers running on UCS C220 standalone server as VMs. We had a power outage and the servers got crashed due to ungraceful shutdown.

Virtual Machines on UCS: CUCM PUB, CUC PUB, UCCX & IM&P PUB.

I have now rebuilt and restored all the servers and everything is back to normal except IM&P server.

I am unable to login to the publisher server but I can login to subscriber without any issues.

I get database communication error on login, but I can to through CLI. Upon checking the service list I found that Cisco DB service is still in starting state.

Performed the below troubleshooting steps with no success.

1. Restarted Cisco DB service
  2. Restarted the node
  3. Restarted Service manager service
  4. Powered Off VM

Find the attached errors and help me fixing it.

Thank you in advance

4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you double check AXL connectivity with the creds you use on the IM&P server:

https://<cucm ip address>/axl/

(does your sync agent service on IM&P  actually stay up or does it go down eventually as well?)

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

https://<cucm ip address>/axl/
AXL service is working and accepting requests

(does your sync agent service on IM&P actually stay up or does it go down eventually as well?) This service is not starting

Hi ,

check the below bug if related to passwords

Sync Agent doesnt start after fresh install or upgrade to 10.0.1/10.5
CSCuq00519

Description
Symptom:
The Cisco Sync Agent Service fails to start with the logs indicating the following message: The Axl message could not be delivered. No Axl server found at the given IP address.

The Cisco Sync Agent Service logs may also indicate the following message in certain instances of this issue: "Bad response: (401Unauthorized". However, please note that on all Cisco Unified Presence 8 and 9 versions this particular error message can also result if the Axl Username/Password entered on the CUP Admin UI > System > CUCM Publisher are not correct. Please ensure that on a given Cisco Unified Presence 8 and 9 version of the server that the configured Axl Username/Password matches the value entered on the corresponding CUCM server.

Conditions:
This issue can occur after a clean install of or an upgrade to any 10.0 version, 10.5.1 and 10.5.1 SU1. The issue is resolved in 10.5.1 SU2.

The issue is caused by special characters in the CUCM server's default UI administrator password. This issue may also be introduced on a healthy deployment if the CUCM server's default UI administrator password is modified to contain special characters.

The following characters have been tested and are known to cause an issue if present in the password: ¬ ¦ £ € % ~ ?

Workaround:
Workaround for any 10.0 version, 10.5.1 and 10.5.1 SU1:

Change the CUCM server's default UI administrator password to a value which does not contain any of the following characters: ¬ ¦ £ € % ~ ?

Using the CUCM Admin UI:
Navigate to CUCM Admin UI > User Management > Application User
Select the default UI user
Update the password value
Click Save

Using the Admin CLI:
Execute command: utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password

Note: Changing the CUCM default UI password also changes the CUCM Instance Messaging and Presence server default UI password. It is necessary to manually update all configuration items which use the default UI password.

For example, any configured CUCM Instance Messaging and Presence Intercluster peers that are linked to a server that had its default UI password changed, needs to update the AXL Password entered for that server.

Workaround for all Cisco Unified Presence 8 and 9 versions:
Update the CUP Admin UI > System > CUCM Publisher configuration to use an CUCM AXL account password which does not include the referenced special characters.

Further Problem Description:
If the CUCM Instance Messaging and Presence Service is communicating with a 10.5.1 or an earlier 10 version of the CUCM, you should still avoid using the following characters in the CUCM default UI password: ¬ ¦ £ €