Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to login to Extension Mobility

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I am setting up extension mobility using Cisco IP Communicator phones and CUCM 8.6 in a virtual environment.

The CIPC phone shows extension mobility when I select the services button, but I am not able to select the service nor log on.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this sort of behavior and can tell me where to look to resolve the issue.

Many thanks

Regards

Amanda

4 Replies 4

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Do you get an error code?

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

admincoco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Check the user Password.

Check the association Device profile > End User

Check if something is bloked on the network (if there is a Firewall between your CIPC and your CUCM). This last action fixed my issue. Some ports was denied

Hi All,

I have sorted out the issue with Extension mobility.

At first I looked at the windows based firewalls on the test PCs, but that did not affect the outcome.

The users did not receive the login prompt when they selected the services button.

In the end,  I restarted my CUCM server and that resolved the problem.

Had this been a production network and not a lab, I might not have had the luxury of restarting the server.

If I had it to do over again, I would have started off restarting only the EM service.

Many thanks for the suggestions of looking for the errors and checking the firewalls though.

Best Regards

Amanda Lalli-Cafini

Hi Amanda

Are you using HTTP or HTTPS for EM service? Do you get an error code?

Remember as CIPC do not support HTTPS. It only suports HTTP. Bug ID:CSCtx18810

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

"Se você quiser alguém em quem confiar, confie em si mesmo. Quem acredita sempre alcança"
Renato Russo

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers