cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to make calls trugh analog lines (VIC2-4FXO)

victorcamacho
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to All

I have a VIC2-4FXO on a Cisco 2911/k9 witch is properly register on CUCM, 1 setup 1 analog line on port 0/1/0 of this wic and I can receive calls fine trough this interface ( i gave it an Attendant DN)  but I'm unable to make calls, I already setup a route group, a route list and a route pattern and when i try to make a i get a busy tone...

Any ideas on what could I have done wrong on this setup.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that should work; the null CSS has access to the null partition. Have you tried to do a reset on the gateway configuration for the MGCP gateway and then in the router, "no mgcp" followed by "mgcp" in global configuration mode?

On CCM, please capture a trace for a test call. On the gateway (for the same test call) please capture "debug voice ccapi inout".

Thanks,

Ryan

(: ... Please rate helpful posts ... :)

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can  you please share the show run VGW, also please collect debug while making one test call.

Debug vpm signal

debug voice vtsp all

debug voice ccapi inout.

Br,

nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hi thanks for the reply

Here are the debug and sh run.

and please let me know if you need anything else, I appreciate the help.

Thanks

Does the CSS of the device you are attempting an outbound call with have access to the partition that you put the route pattern in?

Thanks,

Ryan

On the pattern Definition I selected <none> on route partition, the device that attempts to make the call has <none> on the calling search space, I'm assuming this will allow to make call.

Please correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption.

Thanks

Yes, that should work; the null CSS has access to the null partition. Have you tried to do a reset on the gateway configuration for the MGCP gateway and then in the router, "no mgcp" followed by "mgcp" in global configuration mode?

On CCM, please capture a trace for a test call. On the gateway (for the same test call) please capture "debug voice ccapi inout".

Thanks,

Ryan

Gentleman Thank you all for your help!!!

and sorry for the late reply, the issue has been resolve the analog port was initially setup as ground start, instead of loop start as is required in this particular application.

Thank you all for your help. !!! 

any "NONE" partitions means any body can access to this regardless what CSS you have to Phone/devices/line..

Nevertheless you can keep that way and try make a call see what is the behavior now!

I assuming you 2901 GW is used as MGCP one . Did you looked over the CSS and PT. can you please try check the CSS and PT on router pattern and on the port . do you have any CUCM trace so that i can tell where is the problem lying.

But one thing for sure try digging out the CSS and PT it must something which is causing this issue.

Br,

Nadeem ahmed