Let's say we have two clusters as follows:

Cluster_A

Pilot: 1234

UserA

Cluster_B

Pilot: 5678

UserB

My understanding is that the purpose of cross-server sign-in is that  :

when UserA dials the pilot number  for Cluster_B (5678), he would be be able to listen to his messages.

Likewise, when UserB dials the pilot number for Cluster_A (5678), he would be able to listen to his messages.

Is that correct? If so, in what case would a User have a need to dial the pilot number of a cluster that he does not belong to?  i.e. why would UserA ever call 5678

If not, can you please explain what benefit cross-server sign-in provides and how it's used.

Thanks

James

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

In addidtion to the good notes from Anand (+5 )

Here is the main crux of Cross-Server Sign-IN

Cross-server sign-in allows administrators to  provide users who are homed on different locations with one phone number  that they can call to sign in. When calling from outside the  organization, users—no matter which is their home server—call the same  number and are transferred to the applicable home server to sign in.

Cheers!

Rob

"Why not help one another on the way" - Bob Marley

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi James,

Please check out the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/networking/guide/8xcucnet050.html

Thanks,

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

In addidtion to the good notes from Anand (+5 )

Here is the main crux of Cross-Server Sign-IN

Cross-server sign-in allows administrators to  provide users who are homed on different locations with one phone number  that they can call to sign in. When calling from outside the  organization, users—no matter which is their home server—call the same  number and are transferred to the applicable home server to sign in.

Cheers!

Rob

"Why not help one another on the way" - Bob Marley