cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unicast MOH on CCME 4.1

geroncraig1
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone. I'm new to this world of phones, but i'm trying to learn. Here is my situation.

I'm trying to do Unicast MOH. I am having issues. I can get Multicast MOH to work find, just trying unicast out. I can't get the MOH to work when i dial IP to IP phone, BUT if i page using any of the phones, I can put it on hold and the music will work. I am using the file on the flash. See debug ephone moh below.

*Sep 10 02:38:09: Added DN 3 chan 1 to MOH in position 0 with 1 clients

*Sep 10 02:38:10: Startup MOH/media streams MOH:1 Media:0

*Sep 10 02:38:10: DN 3 chan 1 switching to MOH process at 2070 (was 2068) timest

amp_offset 0

*Sep 10 02:38:12: ifs_read flash:music-on-hold.au end of file at 491839 read 468

2 = 496521

*Sep 10 02:38:12: moh tail fill from 24 at 0x860E0AEA length 3318

*Sep 10 02:38:24: Removed DN 3 from MOH 0 clients at position 0

*Sep 10 02:38:24: Shutdown MOH/media streams, no active clients

*Sep 10 02:39:11: No MOH entry for DN 3

So the one where it works is me paging and putting them on hold. MOH works. Second one is me calling another IP phone and putting them on hold. Get the beeps.

This is all i have under telephony-services - moh music-on-hold.au.

Here is my ephone-dn 3

ephone-dn  3  dual-line

number 1002

label Office

name Office

call-forward busy 1500

call-forward noan 1500 timeout 18

ephone  1

mac-address 0006.xxxx.xxxx

paging-dn 48

type 7940

button  1:3

Taking out paging-dn does nothing.

I'm googled out. If someone could point me in the right direction, i would greatly apprechiate it. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Normally, as documented, MoH is disabled for internal calls. People doesn't like to hear music whn calling among coworkers.

The fact that it works for paging (for whatever reason, intentional or not), doesn't change that

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For MOH to work you need to configure it as multicast moh.

Here are the guide for configuring MOH on CCM 4.1

Restrictions for Music on Hold

IP phones do not support multicast at 224.x.x.x addresses.

Cisco Unified CME 3.3 and earlier versions do not support MOH for local Cisco Unified CME phones that are on hold with other Cisco Unified CME phones; these parties hear a periodic repeating tone instead.

Cisco Unified CME 4.0 and later versions support MOH for internal calls only if the multicast moh command is used to enable the flow of packets to the subnet on which the phones are located.

Internal extensions that are connected through a Cisco VG224 Analog Voice Gateway or through a WAN (remote extensions) do not hear MOH on internal calls.

Multicast MOH is not supported on a phone if the phone is configured with the mtp command or the paging-dn command with the unicast keyword.

Full details here...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmemoh.html#wp1022206

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts