Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 11.5 local user to LDAP transition

Ben Rodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are looking to move from a local user database to LDAP based. The driving factor is single inbox with Office 365. Is this something we can turn on and still have local users and slowly migrate them over? Or will it blow away the local user DB? I tried searching around but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance,

Danny

6 Replies 6

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Danny

When you enable LDAP integration, all your users will initially be synced with LDAP. After the sync is completed you can choose to convert some users to local users and they will stay local. This is what I think you can do in this scenario, but be aware that when you first perform the LDAP integration, all users will be synced.

Please rate all useful posts

I do not believe this is accurate for Unity Connection. What Ayodji describes is how CUCM works.

For CUC you can enabled LDAP and then individually toggle mailboxes to be LDAP-synced or use a BAT job to do it in bulk. For the later scenario the column you want is LdapCcmUserId which should be set to the user's LDAP username value.

Hi Johnathan,

I have an existing local user database, would they be affected? 

Hey Jonathan,(+5) 

Thanks for that, I totally went off on the wrong path ( I seem to have forgotten what Unity connection is at the moment :) )

Please rate all useful posts

Jonathan - I haven't attempted this yet - but i'm at a location where there are thousands of local users, and now migrating to LDAP...  if we enable LDAP via BAT will the user data still be intact or will it re-initialize the Unity box?   Thanks.

Hi ,

When you activate ldap sync , you still have manually added users there and you Can both import users and create them on UCNx cluster.

Here is a reference doc

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/design/guide/10xcucdgx/10xcucdg040.html

HTH

Regards 

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"