Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Call Handlers

B_VOIP_NE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an application within UCCX.  The users want to be able to enable an alternate greeting for days were staffing is limited.  I am going to move this initial prompt to Unity and set them as call handler owners so they can enable the alternate greeting before the call hits UCCX.  I see standard, holiday, closed, internal, error, busy and alternate.  I have a schedule set from 8AM-12PM / 1PM-4PM so I can use the standard and closed greetings.  I need to enable a separate greeting from 12PM-1PM for "Lunch"  How would I go about doing this?

Also is there a way to play a call handler and then transfer to an extension?  The only options I can find are play greeting and transfer to another call handler then within this call handler I could setup the transfer and skip greeting.  Is this best practices for something like this?  It seems like a waste to have an additional call handler just for the purposes of transferring after the initial standard greeting.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

To transfer to an extension after a call handler plays, you need to create a new call handler and change the transfer rules to the extension you need to send it to.

So it will go something like this:

Main number > Call Handler_Main_Greeting> Call handler-forward-to-extension.

You'll have to set the after greeting action on the Main_Greeting CH for all greetings that you'll use (Alternate/Standard/Closed) to point to the Call handler-forward-to-extension CH, then set the correct extension in the appropriate transfer rule on the Call handler-forward-to-extension (Edit>Transfer Rules)

Unless you want to get really complicated, your lunch hour time would be seen as "closed" by UC... If you want a little bit more usability with scheduling and such, I would think that UCCX would be able to handle it a lot better.

View solution in original post

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're transferring the calls the way CUC allows it, yes it does seem kinda clunky to have to create a call handler just for the purpose of the transfer, but that's the way to do it

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

To transfer to an extension after a call handler plays, you need to create a new call handler and change the transfer rules to the extension you need to send it to.

So it will go something like this:

Main number > Call Handler_Main_Greeting> Call handler-forward-to-extension.

You'll have to set the after greeting action on the Main_Greeting CH for all greetings that you'll use (Alternate/Standard/Closed) to point to the Call handler-forward-to-extension CH, then set the correct extension in the appropriate transfer rule on the Call handler-forward-to-extension (Edit>Transfer Rules)

Unless you want to get really complicated, your lunch hour time would be seen as "closed" by UC... If you want a little bit more usability with scheduling and such, I would think that UCCX would be able to handle it a lot better.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're transferring the calls the way CUC allows it, yes it does seem kinda clunky to have to create a call handler just for the purpose of the transfer, but that's the way to do it

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks everyone!