Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 - Full Mailbox receipt - Reason Code 422

Thomas Earley
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

I am hoping to get your input regarding messages that Users receive AFTER they leave a voicemail message for another.  If the Mailbox of the target is full, the caller does not receive a notification until after they leave their message.  This is the full message that the Caller recieves "A receipt - your message to ---  sent today at 2:33PM could not be delivered - reason code 422 - message

was not delivered because the recepients mailbox is full."

Many thanks!

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tom,

I know what you're saying

For External callers only;

Message Storage > Mailbox Quotas " "

For Internal calls you can turn off the receipt only;

When a user tries to leave a message for another user whose mailbox has exceeded the send/receive quota, Connection allows the user to record and send the message. However, if the mailbox for the recipient is full, he or she does not receive the message, and if the user account for the recipient is configured to send non-delivery receipts when message delivery fails, Connection sends the message sender a non-delivery receipt.

On User Basics page;

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tom,

It sounds like you may be hitting this bug;

CSCto07341 - NDRs should only play back NDR reasons in english, not numeric codes

Description

Symptom:

For Non-delivery-receipt (NDR) messages, Unity Connection plays a reason code and explanation. For example: "...the message was undeliverable because of code 422 - the mailbox was full".

It would be preferred if the code itself could be disabled and only the explanation played.

Conditions:

Workaround:

None.

Details

1st Found-in:                          (1)

8.5(1)

Open

Last Modified:

Jun 03,2011

Product:

Cisco Unity Connection

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

6 - enhancement

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your input.  I am wondering if there is a service paramater that I can change that will disable this message as it is sent to to Unity CN inbox of the Caller after they successfully leave their message.  Or, how can I set up a parameter where the caller hears the mailbox for the user they are calling has a full mailbox first? This will discourage the caller from leaving a message and will reduce frustration.  Make sense?

Many thanks!

Tomk

Hi Tom,

I know what you're saying

For External callers only;

Message Storage > Mailbox Quotas " "

For Internal calls you can turn off the receipt only;

When a user tries to leave a message for another user whose mailbox has exceeded the send/receive quota, Connection allows the user to record and send the message. However, if the mailbox for the recipient is full, he or she does not receive the message, and if the user account for the recipient is configured to send non-delivery receipts when message delivery fails, Connection sends the message sender a non-delivery receipt.

On User Basics page;

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob!  Many thanks for your help!  Final question; Is there a service parameter I can utilize to change this for all internal calls or would I need to use Bulk Edit?

Kind regards,

Tom

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tom,

You are most welcome my friend

Change it on the User Template and it will catch all "newly created" users, and then Bulk edit

for all the existing users.

Cheers!

Rob