cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 UM Question

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

I have Unity Connection 8.5 with UM syncing with Exchange 2010.  I have one user mailbox in Exchange 2010 that forwards all email to an Exchange Contact which is an external email address.  He is not receiving forwarded voicemails.  So a couple of questions….

1. Anyone know why this would not work?

OR

2.  Can you have a mix of Unified Messaging Syncing users and then a couple of users that just store and forward to an SMTP address.   If so how to accomplish that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Shane,

In Unity Connection, If you go to Users > Message Actions  and you change the Voicemail message action to "Accept and Relay the Message", and put the external SMTP relay address at the bottom of the settings, this should relay a copy of the message to the external users SMTP address.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Shane,

In terms of having some users utilizing Single Inbox, you can configure this in Unity Connection on an individual user basis under Users>(Select User)>Edit>Unified Messaging Accounts.  You can check/uncheck the Synchronize Connection and Exchange Mailboxes (Single Inbox).

Thanks for the reply.  You descirbed how to disable Single Inbox which is fine and I do that today for shared mailboxes that

don't have Exchange Mailboxes.  But primarily what I would like to know is how to setup a Single Inbox and then enable a "store and forward" a copy

of the voicemail to an email address.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Shane

Hi Shane,

In Unity Connection, If you go to Users > Message Actions  and you change the Voicemail message action to "Accept and Relay the Message", and put the external SMTP relay address at the bottom of the settings, this should relay a copy of the message to the external users SMTP address.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks a ton!