Views
Helpful
Replies

unity connection AA (IVR) => transfer to PSTN number

vanwitt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

my customer wants to use Unity AA feature as an IVR prior routing calls to Call Center.

In the automated attendant, one of the choice of caller need to route the call to a PSTN number. How to achieve this?

1. route to an internal dummy number and have Translation Pattern on CUCM to PSTN number?

2. route directly to PSTN number (impact on Unity? route to add? or can we configure directly the PSTN number to forward in the call handler (Voice Mail Port CSS need to allow)?

Second point, what will be the CLI presentation ? original calling party or Unity PSTN?

Thanks for your answer.

Regards

Thibaut

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is really simple, either you configure a fixed number and use it as caller input, or you leave it open for them to dial (which is a really bad idea, and you would need to do plenty adjustements to your restriction tables to avoid frauds)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

ok, if I well understand, when caller type 2, I configure the call handler to forward call to my PSTN number but it may have an issue has my voice mail port CSS is not allowed to dial PSTN. So need also to add specific route in CUCM to include in VM CSS. Correct?

Yes, you would need to allow your CUCM-CUC integration to make calls out to the PSTN, and also adjust/restrict as necessary there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

ramans2
Level 1
Level 1

You can create either a call handler (non licencesd no mailbox) or a user (licencesd with msilbox)  use caller inputs and apply the alternate extension to send calls to call manager.                                                               If call manager would be able to dial out that string calls will go out.                                 Just need to make sure if you are using sip your re-routing css should have the partitions of gw and if skinny voice mail ports should have the GW partition.

ok.

Transfer to Alternate Contact Number—Connection transfers the call to the phone number that you specify in the Extension field, for example to a mobile phone or other external number. You can also specify whether Connection transfers the call by releasing it to the phone system or by supervising the transfer. If you select Supervise Transfer as the transfer type, you can also specify the number of rings to wait before Connection ends the attempt to transfer.