Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Port Groups

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I am looking for confirmation.  If I have UC 8.x with CUCM 8.x with 3 nodes and have 48 VM ports registered to the CUCM Publisher with all 3 CUCM servers on the same port group  if the CUCM Pub goes down will the VM ports automatically re-register to the first Subscriber or do I need to have VM ports created on all 3 CUCM servers to make that happen?

Thanks in advance!  I rate all replies              

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Angel,

Hope all is well my friend

The relationship between CUC and CUCM for CUCM server failover

is built in CUC for the "Secondary & tertiary" CUCM server config. You don't need separate

ports registered to the Primary,secondary,tertiary CUCM servers;

Step 32 On the Edit Servers page, do the following substeps if the Cisco Unified CM cluster has secondary servers. Otherwise, skip to Step 33.

##

a. Under Cisco Unified Communications Manager Servers, click Add.

##

b. Enter the following settings for the secondary Cisco Unified CM server and click Save.

#

#

Table 6-16     Settings for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Servers 

#

Field

#

Setting

#

Order

#

Enter the order of priority for the Cisco Unified CM server. The    lowest  number is the primary Cisco Unified CM server, the higher    numbers are  the secondary servers.

#

IP Address or Host Name

#

Enter the IP address (or host name) of the secondary Cisco Unified CM server.

#

Port

#

Enter the TCP port of the Cisco Unified CM server that you are     integrating with Cisco Unity Connection. We recommend that you use  the    default setting.

#

TLS Port

#

Enter the TLS port of the Cisco Unified CM server that you are     integrating with Cisco Unity Connection. We recommend that you use  the    default setting.

#

Server Type

#

Click Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

http://www1.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cucintcucmskinny050.html

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind

Wait for me" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Angel,

Consider it's just one database for the whole cluster, you don't need to have those ports created multiple times, since Unity will register to the first available CUCM server.

When you might need to create two sets of ports with HA setups, like UCCX HA or Unity HA. In that case the Unity PUB and the Unity SUB will each own their own set of ports, and work as independent entities.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Angel,

Hope all is well my friend

The relationship between CUC and CUCM for CUCM server failover

is built in CUC for the "Secondary & tertiary" CUCM server config. You don't need separate

ports registered to the Primary,secondary,tertiary CUCM servers;

Step 32 On the Edit Servers page, do the following substeps if the Cisco Unified CM cluster has secondary servers. Otherwise, skip to Step 33.

##

a. Under Cisco Unified Communications Manager Servers, click Add.

##

b. Enter the following settings for the secondary Cisco Unified CM server and click Save.

#

#

Table 6-16     Settings for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Servers 

#

Field

#

Setting

#

Order

#

Enter the order of priority for the Cisco Unified CM server. The    lowest  number is the primary Cisco Unified CM server, the higher    numbers are  the secondary servers.

#

IP Address or Host Name

#

Enter the IP address (or host name) of the secondary Cisco Unified CM server.

#

Port

#

Enter the TCP port of the Cisco Unified CM server that you are     integrating with Cisco Unity Connection. We recommend that you use  the    default setting.

#

TLS Port

#

Enter the TLS port of the Cisco Unified CM server that you are     integrating with Cisco Unity Connection. We recommend that you use  the    default setting.

#

Server Type

#

Click Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

http://www1.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cucintcucmskinny050.html

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

we have to get you on the payroll over here!

Are you going to make me say it?  Don't make me say it!...ok   THANK YOU!

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Angel,

Consider it's just one database for the whole cluster, you don't need to have those ports created multiple times, since Unity will register to the first available CUCM server.

When you might need to create two sets of ports with HA setups, like UCCX HA or Unity HA. In that case the Unity PUB and the Unity SUB will each own their own set of ports, and work as independent entities.

Thanks Robert!

Hi Angel,

You are always welcome The nice part of CSC is that

we're all here to help each other.

Cheers!

Rob