Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - Forward Voicemail to gmail address

angelito_mas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there!

I have Unity version 11 and I would like to forward my voicemail to my gmail account address.

It is possible? How can I do it?

Thanks in advance

11 Replies 11

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Under SMTP configuration, set a smart host as email relay
Under user --> message actions --> set voicemail to "accept and relay the message" and an your email in the email field.

explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE0y4_zUn0w

angelito_mas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

thanks for the reply! What do you mean with "Smart Host"?

Check the video.
A smart host is an email relay server, the forwards the emails in the name of the unity. You need to configure it in Unity. Without it, Unity cannot send emails.

b.winter
VIP
VIP

@angelito_mas Any update on this issue?

@b.winter 

No, I have Google Workspace, I have enabled SMTP Relay into Google Workspace Admin Console and in Unity I configured my e-mail domain and the address "smpt-relay.gmail.com" as Smart Host.

I cannot set up a server with SMTP Role in this moment.

How can I solve?

I don't know anything about Google services.
If you followed the steps in the video for the Unity configuration, then there is nothing else to do there.
If it is not working, then you need to check the network settings, if Unity can reach the SMTP relay or check the config in Google.

What you mean with "I cannot set up a server with SMTP Role in this moment."? Where do you wanna setup a "role"? If you have problems on the Google side, then you better ask in the google forums.

I thought to set up a win server that acts as smtp server (and as Smart Host) but for the moment it is not possible.

I cannot access to Unity through CLI with my admin credentials, i m thinking that maybe it has a not correct network configuration.

It' s likely that this user is not enabled to access to the CLI? How can I verify it?

There are 2 different users for the application admin page and the CLI / os admin page. So, you need to get a different user for the CLI / for the os admin page.

Ok, i set up a server as Smart Host but from CLI i cannot ping it. There is no route in the routing table.

Can I add it through the CLI?

Unity will just use it's default GW, to route packets outside it's subnet. If you can't ping it, you need to check your network.
Don't forget to check any firewalls. Since you are using a Google service, which will have a public IP, Unity probably will go to the internet to reach the Google servers and I'm 99% sure, the traffic will go through one or more firewalls in your network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: