Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Subscriber Message Quota Maximum

Can the Unity Connection System Maximum of 2GB be overridden in any way?  We have a client with several executives that wish to exceed this limit.

Thanks,

Brian

5 Replies 5

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

can you find the below link , please ?.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag190.html

Thank you

please rate all useful information

This isn't what I was looking for. I am looking for ways to exceed the system maximum.

Question #2 (and what may have been the actual client question):  What if the Exchange email box exceeds the Unity maximum of 2GB?   I'm fairly certain this has no impact on the Unity side as quotas are based on voice messages only, not Exchange-side emails.

Assistance appreciated.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

For Q#1 - we have used this for a few peeps

To Specify Custom Mailbox Size Quotas for an Individual User or Template

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, find the user account or template that you want to edit.

Step 2 On the Edit menu, select Mailbox.

Step 3 On the Edit Mailbox page, set values for the applicable settings by selecting Custom and then entering a value (in megabytes) in the adjacent field:

Warning Quota

Send Quota

Send/Receive Quota

Note that the value for Warning Quota must be smaller than or equal to  the value for Send Quota, and the value for Send Quota must be smaller  than or equal to the value for Send/Receive Quota.

Step 4 Select Save.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmac040.html#wp1276635

For Q#2 - your assumption is most correct.

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

Always good news when you respond Rob.

For #1 I have a problem though. I tried to exceed the 2GB max and Unity complained.

I'm thinking #2 makes #1 a moot point. Apparently some IT exec at one of our clients got ahold of a tech docs that said something about Single Inbox, Exchange 2k10 and mailbox limits of 2GB are a problem. I'm awaiting a copy of this source techdoc for more clarification.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

Good stuff buddy

If they need more than 2048 MB something must be amiss.

On our system the defaults are 12,14,16 MB respectively so if we want

to add some extra space for a bigwig we might go to 20,22,24 which gives

them a fair bit more message space. I think you need to adjust your numbers down

accordingly.

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band