Views
Helpful
Replies

Unmapped Exception null When Adding a New DN

UnCaballero1UNO
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

"Unmapped Exception null" when Adding a New DN on an existing phone ( Cisco Call Manager 7.x )

Specifically when doing the above on existing phone within CCM  - clicking on any of the Lines, say Line [5] on the Cisco 7965 phone - it does allow the addition of another extension/phone line, click on Apply Config but then - something that was never prompted before - it comes up with the following:

Status

Unmapped Exception null

Select the type of phone you would like to create:

Phone Type:

BAT Phone Template:

The phone 7965 is selected and then its protocol sccp. The Status section changes to Ready and under Device Information, it does states that Device is Trusted. But expecting the MAC Address to be entered manually as well as other settings that had never need to be entered manually - at least not when modyfing an existing phone/device.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Angelo

3 Replies 3

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Angel,

Have a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_qanda_item09186a00800a6763.shtml#trouble

Down at the bottom of the page you will see the error you are getting

Q. Why do I receive the Unmapped Exception Null error when I change the button items on the phone configuration page?

faq-ipphone-1.gif

A. If you use the Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 browser, you receive this error. IE 8 is not a supported browser. The only supported browsers are Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.x or version 7.x and Netscape Navigator version 7.1 or later.

Looks like a browser issue.

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

If it's a browser issue I would recommend you to use Firefox. Have used it the last two or tree years whenever I do any work in CUCM admin page, without any issues. I can't say the same for IE, with that I've seen many problems either directly myself or via co-workers.

Please rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Normally this error message (Unmapped Exception Null error )appear when  inside a callmanager there are other ip address that overlapping with the ip phones or gateway or other devices.

Sometimes if you obtain this exception the phone or gateway are inserted in the configuration and you can verify the overlapping of ip address.

Rate this post

Massimo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: