Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CME 8.6 required

raid.sameea
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I need to upgrade our CME 8.6 to higher version. I got Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M8 , RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2).

At main site CME, I need it to setup 2 SIP accounts using DN overlap and in previous post I got advice to upgrade the CME to 9.x to get this feature.

Please advice me with the following:

1- suitable version and from where I can get it and does it need purchasing new license from cisco to 

2- we have 3 CME distributed in three different location connected via VPN through the main site CME, do I need to upgrade them all or just the main CME.

3- the upgrade procedure if there is a link describe that operation.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

CME is a part of IOS, there is not any option to upgrade CME alone.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Correct, 15.1 IOS has CME 8.6, so that is the latest you can get to. To get newer CME you would need to replace the router with ISR4K or ISR G2 29/39XX.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Have you done any own search for information about this?

A quick Google for “cme ios version matrix” gives this as the very first result, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/33matrix.html

Response Signature

Is software still available for the 2800 series routers?  I'm pretty sure they're all a few years past end of support.

28XX latest ever version was 15.1.  

hi

you mean the ios latest ver is 15.1? ok what about the CME, I want to upgrade it.

please advice?

thank you

hi

according to the link that you sent, I am not able to upgrade CME unless I upgrade IOS?

because according to chris, the latest ver of IOS for 2800 is 15.1

Please advice.

CME is a part of IOS, there is not any option to upgrade CME alone.

Response Signature

Dear Roger, Thank you for the reply.

So, I will not be able to upgrade the 2800 to get higher than CME8.6

Please confirm

Thanks

Correct, 15.1 IOS has CME 8.6, so that is the latest you can get to. To get newer CME you would need to replace the router with ISR4K or ISR G2 29/39XX.