Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade CUCM 7.1.5.31900-3

Yazen Alaa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

I have two CUCM version 7.1.5.31900-3(one publisher , one subscriber) , i want to upgrade to latest version in version 7.1 , as mention in cisco , the latest version for version 7 is : 7.1.5(SU5),

As i know it is a basic upgrade , my question is

how long time it will take to upgrade to 7.1.5(SU5) in CUCM ???becasue i have down time only one hour to achive this.

any license required for upgrade ???

as showing in file , it is around 3GB , so it takes long time to upgrade .

please see the file , and give me your opinion and your answers

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Even though it is a minor upgrades keep in mind that all Cisco CUCM upgrades are basically full installs hence the large ISO as the application is installed into inactive partition and then switched to active partition.  Installation time depends on hardware platform you are installing it on, and usually in my experience for such an upgrade takes about 1.5-2.5 hours for the Pub and 1-1.5 for the subscriber.  Keep in mind you have to finish the Pub before you move on to the Sub, however

while the installation is taking place as it is using the inactive partition it does not affect any services until the version switch needs to take place, so you can plan the upgrade to limit the down time quite a bit.

You will not need any new licenses.

HTH, please rata all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Even though it is a minor upgrades keep in mind that all Cisco CUCM upgrades are basically full installs hence the large ISO as the application is installed into inactive partition and then switched to active partition.  Installation time depends on hardware platform you are installing it on, and usually in my experience for such an upgrade takes about 1.5-2.5 hours for the Pub and 1-1.5 for the subscriber.  Keep in mind you have to finish the Pub before you move on to the Sub, however

while the installation is taking place as it is using the inactive partition it does not affect any services until the version switch needs to take place, so you can plan the upgrade to limit the down time quite a bit.

You will not need any new licenses.

HTH, please rata all useful posts!

Chris