cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uploaded Music on Hold doesn't play

aalbrecht27
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to upload a new sound file for music on hold, but periodically I get no audio after making the change.  Initially when I set this up it played just fine, then after some test calls it stopped and I would get no audio at all.  

The sound file is 4 minutes and 3 seconds, then I tried cutting it in half to 2 minutes but I get the same problem.  Are the audio files only supposed to be a certain length?  I can't figure out why it worked at first and now doesn't seem to work at all.

Both files have been converted to the following audio settings:
Mono, 8000Hz, .wav, U-Law

We're running CUCM 9.1.2.10000-28

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you upload the file to all your servers?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you upload the file to all your servers?

Initially no, I had only uploaded it to the publisher, but I just tried uploading it to both the publisher and subscriber and still no audio when going on hold.

There is a play continuously checkbox you should be able to check on the audio source.

This was it, I had to remove the files from both servers and re-upload them.  If it's not uploaded to both before setting the new file it does what I was experiencing.

Any idea if it is possible to make this play continuously?  The audio file starts from the beginning every time someone is put on hold.  Not sure if it is possible, but it would be nice to have it playing constantly and then just put someone into the middle of it while its playing, rather that starting from the beginning every time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: