Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

urgent cisco cme caller-id help

Hi,

i`m using a cisco call manager express with about 40 users using cisco ip phones 7931,7940....etc

when outside call ( eg.from my mobile or pstn) dial into the company and the 333(receptionist) phone rings - it is written from unknown number even after i add the command caller-id enable.

when i plugged the phone cable into a digital phone directly and make a call to this phone it works- caller-id has been showed.

how can i make the caller-id the outside caller appear on the cisco ip phone??

thanks

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you configured cptone for you country or some country that uses the same caller-id standard as yours ?

thanks for replay

yes i did, but still showing from unknown no.

pstn lines are directly connected to the fxo port..

and i do under the voice-port 0/0/0 caller-id enable and also the cptone BE( same standard)

when i call this pstn line the ip phone rings and it shows from unknown no.

thanks

You have to contact the TAC and be prepared to provide all the evidence about the problem.

It can be a very long and frustating process.

In short, don't count on caller ID with analog lines and Cisco, often does not work.

thanks a lot

i have change the cptone to more than one country and after many tries it works with SA

thanks again

Hi again paolo,

in the same country and in a same situation but

we've got a CUCM 7.1 server here at head office, and several remote offices connecting to it via MGCP gteways in the remote offices..

i changed the cptone to the country in which it worked with the cisco cme ( the  previous situation) but still it shows the unknown number on the ip phone when somebody call into the company????????

thanks

Mohammed,

Caller-ID on MGCP controlled FXO ports isn't supported in CuCM 7.1

Have a look at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmsys/a08gw.html#wp1165631

This feature was supposed to be added in CuCM 8.x I have just check the 8.0(1) guide and the restriction is still there.

If you need CLI then reconfigure these gateways to H323.

If you need any more help please ask,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

MGCP

FXS

Loopstart only

Basic calls only

FXO

Loopstart or groundstart

No caller ID

thanks a lot for your answer.

yes i need help in the configuration to move from mgcp to h323.

can you guide me please for maybe a pdf in which it shows how to configure the gateways to use the h323 protocol.

regards

Mohammed,

Have a look at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094636.shtml it is based around older versions of CuCM but will give you a good start and you already have a CME config which will give you most of the ground work.

Hope this helps,

Craig