Views
Helpful
Replies

User Not Created in Cisco Unity Connection

mohammednoor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an environment running CUCM version 7.1. I have successfully created an End User in CM and just could not find an entry being created in Cisco Unity Connection after that.

Any solutions would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

4 Replies 4

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Mohammed,

I assume you would want to import the user via. sync with CUCM using the AXL interface. You will want to make sure you have the 'primary extension' configured for that user in CUCM. In Unity Connection make sure AXL servers configured (CUCM) and make sure you sync users.

HTH,

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Chris,

The End User has been created in CUCM and configured for extension 3236 but when I go to Tools, Import Users in UC I am not able to find the End User from CUCM. I am not sure about the AXL server configuration though.

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

As Chris says, go to the user in cucm, about 2/3's the way down you will see drop down for primary extension and ipcc extension, drop the primary extension to the correct one, then do update. You should be able to import then in unity (I also presume you are selecting either Ip phone system or AD in the selection boxes when trying to import the user?

If you are using extension mobility you will have to associate the user to the EM profile, do a save then the primary extension will be available.

HTH

Hi Paul, Chris,

Thanks for the information. I am able to import the user into Cisco UC now. However, I am getting "Username/Password authentication failed" message when logging in to the IP Trade Turret application. I'll try and check with the IT Support guys on the issue.

Regards,

Mohammed Noor