cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User wants calls to go to their cell phone but for voicemails to...

kbeaton
Level 1
Level 1

User wants calls to go to their cell phone but for voicemails to go to Unity Connection.

I forwarded his line to his cell phone and made a test call, and I got his cell phone's voicemail.

I'm thinking "Mobility" might work differently...
Would it leave the voicemail on his UC voicemail?

Can I change the number of rings "Mobility" rings his cell phone?
I use "Mobility" and it seems to only ring 2-3 times.

3 Replies 3

What you say is not the best practice scenario,
and especially in the cell-phone voicemail forwarding section to CUC voicemail,
It is difficult to deploy for each user..

i suggest to deploy Jabber in your organization, so users can do this two options by themselves:

1- through jabber, they can forward calls to their mobile number

2- through jabber, they can reach and hear their voicemails

deploying of jabber, needs to installation of CUCM, CUP, Expressway at full scenario mode..

with Expressway, you have MRA (mobile remote access) feature for users when they are outside of organization..

-- if this helped, please rate by click (Accept as solution) or (Helpful) --

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe use Single Number Reach - their Cisco and remote phones would ring simultaneously. Then try altering the amount of seconds in the Remote Destination setting:

'Stop ringing this phone after (x) seconds to avoid connecting to this phone's voicemail'

But I'm not sure whether instead it would go to Unity if not answered. 

.... I just tried it, with a the Remote Destination setting above at 19 seconds, it went to Unity as expected, my DN is set to 12 seconds which is sooner than the typical system setting at this site.

"with Expressway, you have MRA (mobile remote access) feature for users when they are outside of organization..' (don't know how to quote someone in this forum to show the source)

Expressway is nice - we just implemented it. No need to VPN in when using Jabber from my home laptop anymore.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming CUCM is the call control platform, Unified Mobility Single Number Reach is the only viable solution here. The Directory Number Call Forward No Answer timer serves as an outer limit for all Remote Destinations so ensure that it is set high enough. You will need to evaluate whether to use timer vs. user control on the Remote Destination Profile. Timer control is susceptible to false positive answer detection in some instances - especially if you set the answer timers wrong. The answer too soon and too late timers create a window in which CUCM assumes the human has answered the call. Timer control is outright unusable if the user has an anti-spam call app that answers all incoming calls on the user's behalf. User control requires DTMF confirmation from the user to connect the call, eliminating any chance of false positives.

The far more modern approach to this is Webex Go if you're in a supported country and willing to migrate at least the user from on-prem to cloud calling. (You can have a mixed environment.) This adds an eSIM directly to the user's unlocked and supported smartphone and eliminates all of the SNR complexities.