Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using CUBE to do IP Address overlap

Hi All

I have a client that want to use CUBE to sit between two CUCM clusters because they have overlapping IP address.  Has anyone heard of this before or know of a better way to deal with this situation?  If someone done this before can they share a sample configuration

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Karthik Sivaram
Level 4
Level 4

hi Arun,

Could you give a more detailed description of the exact problem?

Yes you can have a CUBE to sit between 2 clusters but why would you even need a CUBE for this ? Which ip addresses are overlapping ?

You could just have a direct sip trunk between 2 clusters or an ICT between 2 CUCM clusters.

Thanks,

Karthik

Hi

We have a customer with Cluster A and Cluster B going to CUBE then to SME.  Because they are using layer 2 MPLS VPN users on Cluster A can potentially use the same network address as Cluster B.  So the plan is to put CUBE in the middle to hide the address of Cluster A and Cluster B.  So when an IP Phone in Cluster A call IP Phone in Cluster B the RTP stream does not flow from A to B directly but go via the CUBE router.  I hope this make sense because I am confused when customer propose such a solution.  My also concern is none of the design for SME has SIP Trunk to CUBE.  Not sure whether SME to CUBE has any issues?

Thanks

hi Arun,

Here is what you will require:

1) Use NAT config on the cube to  hiding addresses ( private / public) 

2) By SME I am assuming you are referring to  Cisco Unified Communications Manager Session Management Edition. You can have

a topology similar to this to achieve your requirement

cluster>>>sip>>> CUBE >>>>sip>>>SME>>>sip>>>>cluster B

3) Session Mgmt Edition is a  sip B2BUA. For sip trunking to be done on the cube you can configure basic "sip dial peers" with your dialplan.

4) Also refer to the following links:

For other deployment/designs:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Manager_-_Session_Manager_Edition

Also sample configurations are available here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns728/interOp_ucSessionMgr.html

Hope this Helps!

Thanks,

Karthik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: