Views
Helpful
Replies

VG/SRST

B_VOIP_NE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am looking into switching SIP providers.  Thew new provider does not support E911/CER and is asking to route all calls in remote sites out local analog lines at these sites.  We have SRST's configured at each of these remote sites.  Is it possible to also use these for 911 calls in addition to SRST?

7 Replies 7

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes, you could. The same dial-plan could utilised to cater both SRST and non-srst calls.

Would you please let me know how I would go about configuring this?  Currently the SRST devices are not listed as gateways.  Would I configure them as gateways to make this work?

What do you mean by "srst devices are not listed as gateways" ? You would already have a dial plan on your IOS router to cater calls. The same dial-plan would be used when your phones failover to the router during SRST.

I am sorry for the confusion.  So when I click "Gateways" within CUCM I do in fact see our SRST devices there.  When I try to edit the route groups however, these gateways default to "all ports"  Do we have a way to change that or should the routing from that point forward actually happen on these gateways within IOS?

SRST is tied to the SRST Reference that is configured on your device pools and pulled by the phones through the config file. Not sure why are you checking "Gateways" page on CUCM for SRST. Non-SRST, a voice router will take calls from CUCM. In SRST, the phone register to that very voice router and provide calling functionality in the absence of CUCM.

Thank you.. Let me try to clarify -

I have SRST routers in every remote location. They are strictly used for SRST with POTS connections. We are moving to a new SIP provider that does not support E911. They are asking if we can route our 911 calls via POTS lines at each of the remote locations. I am hoping I can use the SRST's for this purpose. I would still like them to serve as SRST routers however, I would also like to create route patterns for 911 calls at each of these remote locations and specify the SRST as the gateway of choice within the route group. Is something like this possible or do I need to deploy VG's at each of these locations for this?

Was this issue fixed,  I am currently getting ready to configure a 3824 as my SRST router with 4 analog lines.

But is I can use a VG 204 or 202 or and old 224 which I have plenty that would be great.

Please respond.