Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewmail 8.6.5 does not work with outlook 2010

Hello,

I try to configure viewmail 8.6.5 with outlook 2010 on a windows 7 computer.  We have unity 7 and exchange 2007. I enter all the information in the viewmail setup but when I click test settings it says unable to find the voice mail server.  The unity server name  I entered is correct I can also ping it from my computer.  Any suggestions.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ronak,

Thanks for the clarification .

Regards.  Inder.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure its Cisco Unity & not Cisco Unity Connection ? Because the last viewmail version released for Cisco Unity is 8.0.3.

GP.

I'm having the same problem.  I am using Cisco Unity 7.0  Build 7.0(2).  I can ping it by name, so name resolution works fine.  I get the same response: "Unable to find voicemail server. Make sure server name is correct."  If I ignore the error and go ahead and finish the install, the program appears to work.  I don't get the same message type I used to get, but I have the convenient bar that allows me to play the message.

Andy

Dover, DE

I have the same problem. i get the error "Unable to find voicemail server. Make sure server name is correct". we're using CIsco Unity 7.0 outlook 2010 and viewmail 8.6.5.

kevin.carlson
Level 1
Level 1

Were you able to find a solution to this?  We are in the exact same situation and getting the same error message.  Running Outlook 2010 on a windows 7 computer, Cisco Unity with Exchange 7.0(2), and Exchange 2007.  I found on the Cisco Unity Compatibility Matrix (link below) that Viewmail 8.6.5 is compatible with Outlook 2010, but I just can't seem to get it working.  Getting "Unable to find voicemail server."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/compatibility/matrix/cuclientmtx.html

Hi,

For Outlook 2010, you will require Unity 8. It wil not work with unity 7.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/compatibility/matrix/cuclientmtx.html#wp364674

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Thank you for your input.  I can see now from the matrix you supplied that Unity 7 is not compatible with Outlook 2010 on  Windows 7.   But I did notice it is compatible on Vista and XP.

I installed Outlook 2010 on XP SP3, with Viewmail 8.6(5), and trying to connect to Unity 7.  This is a compatible configuration according to the matrix, but I am still getting the same, "Unable to find voicemail server" error message.  I know I have the correct server name entered.  Do you have any suggestions or input?

Thank you for your help.

Kevin

Hi,

Is Cisco Unity Voicemail Web Service (VMWS) is installed on the Cisco Unity server.

Regards

Ronak patel

Thanks Ronak,

I installed VMWS on the Unity 7 server and now Viewmail works with Outlook 2010 on XP, and Windows 7.  Thank you for your help with this and helping me find a solution.

Thanks,

Kevin

I uninstalled VMO and upgraded to Unity Connect 8.5.  I still get the same error when trying to connect to Outlook 2010; however, it seems to work just fine.  So, I'm just going to ignore the error message.

Thanks all,

Andy

Hello Andy,

I am having the same issue.  ViewMail seems to recognize and play VMs fine.  However, when you go to record a VM via VMO you get the voicemail server was not available error and are not able to record VMs.

Is there anyone out there that has resolved the server connectivity issue?

Regards.  Inder.

HI

Please rate helpfull posts. and mark it as answered.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Hi Ronak,

Not sure if you were referring to my recent post...however, I believe that this issue is still open.  There is still a server connectivity issue when using VMO version 8.6.5.

Regards.  Inder.

Hi,

Sorry Not for your comment..It was for the issue with Kevins problem.

regards

Ronak Patel

Hi Ronak,

Thanks for the clarification .

Regards.  Inder.