Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN issue in BE6000

yogesh bhalerao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

iam having BE6K Server, i am trying to configure CUCM , the BE6K is connected to Core Switch with VLANS for VM and VLAN for CIMC and Managment

Problem:- 1)I have configured CIMC and Managment in VLAN 100

2)VM(CUCM) in VLAN 1

BUt when i try to configure CUCM in VLAN 1(192.168.1.X/24) i am not able to get configure it the network connection settings Fail , i am able to ping the VLAN 1 gateway from BE6K but i am not able to ping the CUCM VM as it is not passing the Network Configration Test duing Installation

There is VLAN option but some how the BE6K does not support 2 VLANS

Can any one tell me is it possible to confgiure Managment and CIMc is one vlan  and Virtual Machines(CUCM,Unity ) in another VLAN

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

The NIC that connects your CIMC needs to connect to an access port on the switch in the correct VLAN.

For your virtual machines (CUCM etc) if you want to use VLANs then you need to configure a trunk port on your switch and ensure you setup the VLANs correctly on your virtual network adapters.

Have a look here:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1003806

Hope that helps!

Matty

Hi Guyz

THanks for all your posts and Help

The issue is resolved ,i had juniper Core Swtich to Whcih the BE6K is connected

1)I have made the Core Swtich port as Trunk where the LAN port of Be6K is connected

2)CIMC port is also connected to Core but i have passed specific VLAN X and given CIMC port the VLAN X IP Address

3)LAN port of BE6K has VLAN Y IP address and the VMs are in VLAN Z

So i will install all the VM in VLAN Z IP Address and check

So after doing the testing will let you know if it is working fine

Hi Guyz

I am able to assign 2 diffrent vlans to CUCM and Managment port

So 2 dirrent vlans are working properly in the BE600 enviroment

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its best practice NOT to use VLAN 1.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.