cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice gateway - Media Termination Point dependancy

Ren Stark
Level 1
Level 1

We have migrated most of the offices voice services from PRI to SIP Trunk. The pair of CUBE is in the office head quarters. Now we planning to decommission the PRI circuit as well as the Router. 

I want to make sure the Routers is not taking part of the current call flow before decomisstion. How can I check the router is acting as a MTP or media gateway in the current call flow. What needs to be validated in the router /call manager. 

Please help on this

5 Replies 5

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Ren,

There may be various approaches on this.

For example you may try to check on your CUCM on your corresponding Route Patterns ->Route Lists if the Router(s) are still included in the list and remove them. 

To identify how -outgoing- calls are routed and more specifically which RoutePattern/Gateway they use, you may try the CUCM DNA (Dialed Number Analyser - CUCMIPADDRESS/DNA)

I hope this helps,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Dear George 

Thanks for your clarification. But my doubt is not this one. The calls are now routed through SIP Trunk not using the PRI in the Voice GW anymore.

My questions is by any chance, the calls are using the local router as a Media gateway(like transcoder or MTP) . How can I validate that? Kindly clarify

"I want to make sure the Routers is not taking part of the current call flow before decomisstion. How can I check the router is acting as a MTP or media gateway in the current call flow. What needs to be validated in the router /call manager. "

You want to confirm that your configuration does not rely on either MTP or Transcoder on your old ISDN gateways prior to decommissioning them. 

First check what's actually configured on the old gateways, MTP, Transcoder etc.  Create equivalent resources on your new CUBEs or elsewhere.  In CUCM check which Media Resource Group(s) contained resources from the old gateway, and update these to contain the resources defined on the new CUBE.

Thanks Tony.

any other way to confirm the voice gateway is acting as media resource? can I find it on the cucm traces for the external calls?

Traces in CUCM would absolutely include information about any request for media allocation.

Response Signature