Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Rajesh Kalra
Beginner

Voice Mail in SRST

Hi,

I have an HQ site which has Call Manager 8.6 cluster. I have a remote site which has a 3945 voice gateway,IP Phones and unity connection 8.6 as the voicemail server. The HQ and remote sites are connected with WAN.

Question: Normally when WAN is down or CUCM cluster is not available(SRST mode) we know that voicemail facility is not available, as SRST provides basic incomin/outgoing calls etc.

But this being a typical scenario, where the voice mail server is local the voice gateway, is it possible to provide voicemail facility also in SRST?

I think it may be possible by playing with dial-peer configuration in the voice gateway. Can somebody please advise on this. Has anybody done this in the past?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Anas Abueideh
Engager

Hi,

you can use voicemail over pstn. you need to configure the voicemail pilot under srst config, then create dial-peer with the required translation.

when you call the voicemail DID at HQ you have 2 options:

1- configure alternate extension under the user settings for each user. the alternate extension will be the DID for the user in the branch

2- configure redirecting number. in this case you don't need alternate extension, but you need the PSTN provider to support this feature. you need to configure redirect at the outbound from Branch side, and configure redirect at the inbound from the HQ side.

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Hi Abu,

Thanks for your reply.

I