Views
Helpful
Replies

voice mail profile handling when call forward & call transfer from call manager

raja Saravanan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When the call manager sends the call unity or unity connection ( when integration is SCCP ), it sends the called number, calling number and reason for forwarding. Please help me to understand, which voice mail will be reached, for the scenario's below,

1. only default routing rules are there, no other rules are created.

2.two cluster share the same unity, further these two cluster have inter-cluster trunk configured.

3. Extension 1000 is in cluster A and extension 2000 is in cluster B.

Scenario1:

A call comes to 1000, 1000 answers the call and transfer the call to 2000, and 2000 didnt answer the call, whose voice mail will be reached.

Scenario 2:

Extension 1000 has enabled calll forward all to extension 2000, a call comes in for 1000, and it gets forwarded to 2000, and 2000 didnt answer the call,

whose voice mail will be reached.

Scenario 3:

3000 is a CTI route point in Cluster C, 4000 is a CTI route point in Cluster D, #3000 is forward all to #4000, these two clusters are connected by inter cluster trunk, and has got two voice mail solutions, Cisco Unity and Microsoft Exchange UM 2010, the clusters are integrated to both Cisco Unity and Exchange UM, there is CUBE between these clusters and Exchange UM, the signalling between Exchange UM ----> CUBE is SIP, and the signalling between CCM ----> CUBE is H323.

Voice mail profile of CTI route point #3000 refer to cisco Unity, in cluster C.

Voice mail profile of CTI route point #4000 and extension  #5000 refer to Exchange UM, and CTI ports refer to Unity, in cluster D.

extension is a voice mail extension for a script in UCCX, integrated with cluster D.

When client calls a toll free, it hits CTI RP #3000 in Cluster C, which is forward all to CTI RP #4000 in cluster D, CTI RP #4000 has a script, which transfers the call to extension #5000 ( when option 1 is selected ) in cluster D.

To which voice mail box the call will be transferred when clients call the toll free and selects option#1.

Cheers,

Shaggy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For scenario 2 it would depend on what VM system that is used. If its Unity it would go to extension 1000 voice mail, but if it's CUC it would go to extension 2000s.

This is because of a difference in a standard setting for how to handle forwarded calls in to the VM system. Unity will look at the first forwarded number, whereas CUC will look at the last. This can be tweaked by a change in a setting for this, cant remember the exact name just now, but it's been asked and answered many times on CSC. Please use the search and you'll find it.

Edit: Please see this post for more information on the settings in Unity and CUC, https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1165070#1165070

Please rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Raja,

Scenario 1:

scenario 2:

Scenario 3:

Hi Piyush,

Thanks, Hope you are doing good, scenario 1 & 3 is correct I feel, but scenario 2 it will go to 1000's voicemail, I tried in a live environment, I am not sure of how the logic works, will it be possbile for you to guide me. I tried these scenario's and I am a lot confused, not able to understand.

Cheers,

Shaggy

For scenario 2 it would depend on what VM system that is used. If its Unity it would go to extension 1000 voice mail, but if it's CUC it would go to extension 2000s.

This is because of a difference in a standard setting for how to handle forwarded calls in to the VM system. Unity will look at the first forwarded number, whereas CUC will look at the last. This can be tweaked by a change in a setting for this, cant remember the exact name just now, but it's been asked and answered many times on CSC. Please use the search and you'll find it.

Edit: Please see this post for more information on the settings in Unity and CUC, https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1165070#1165070

Please rate all useful posts.

Response Signature

Hey Roger,

Thank you very much, I got the logic now, I have one more question, we have Exchange UM integrated with Call Manager,

From CUCM ----> CUBE the signalling is H323

From CUBE ----> Exchange UM signalling is SIP

A call comes from PSTN ( ISDN PRI T1 ) to Extension 2000 and Extension 2000 is Call Forwarded All to Extension 3000,  what will be the redirecting number sent by H323, does Q931 have control over it, or only H323 has full control.

Cheers,

Shaggy

Please see my response in your other post.

Btw, why did you post the same question twice in two treads?

Response Signature

Hey Roger,

This is was by mistake thanks!!!

cheers,

shaggy