cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice-port trunk

oahuoahu1
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to tie two analog modems together using FXS ports and a trunk connection.  The problem is that the modems do not provide signaling to "go off hook".  Does anyone know of another way to do this?  Would hoot 'n holler make any difference?

Thank you,

Chris

modem-modem.JPG

3 Replies 3

Hi Chris,

To achieve this, you would need an FXO interface on you 4300 VG Side.

FXS Interface are intended to be used with a terminal such as analogue phones or faxes 

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

So you are trying to get the modems to call each other and connect via the voip connection between the routers? That's doable.

If so, is the problem you are trying to solve that the called modem is not picking up?

Maren

The modems are connected to radios and when someone talks it goes through the modem and then supposed to go through the voice port on the ISR.  I can get the trunk up all of the time, but since the modem does not have signaling to tell the voice port to go off hook, the voice-port doesn’t do anything. 

I just need an open voice tunnel that doesn’t need any signaling.  Like a leased line. 

Thanks,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: