Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail in CME is not working

bernsplagata
Level 1
Level 1

Question:

My voicemail setup is not working when i dial an extention it is not forwarding to the mailbox nuber instead i get a message that the extension is busy.  Did some debugging and saw a "being refused message"

Configuration:

UC router

!

ephone-dn  15

number 223

label XXX

description 223-XXX

name XXX

call-forward busy 901

call-forward noan 901 timeout 5

!

!

ephone-dn  100

number 5...

description DN to transfer directly to VM

call-forward all 901

!

telephony-service

voicemail 901

!

dial-peer voice 901 voip

destination-pattern 901

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:192.168.1.2

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

CUE

CUE# show user detail username waseem

Username:           XXX

Full Name:          XXX

First Name:         XXX

Last Name:          XXX

Nickname:           XXX

Phone:              223

Phone(E.164):       5223

Fax:

Email:

Epage:

Language:           systemDefault

GroupMember:        <none>

GroupOwner:         <none>

Privileges:         <none>

CUE# show voicemail mailboxes

OWNER               MSGS NEW SAVE DEL BCST FUTR FAX MSGTIME   MBXSIZE  USED

"XXX"            0    0   0    0   0    0    0   0         300      0 %

DEbug result:

.Jun 26 07:48:43.074: %CALL_CONTROL-6-CALL_LOOP: The incoming call has a global identifier already present in the list of currently handled calls. It is being refused.

.Jun 26 07:48:43.110: //3645//TCL :/tcl_PutsObjCmd: IP IVR Disconnect Status = RESULT=di_017

.Jun 26 07:48:43.110:

.Jun 26 07:48:43.114: //3645//TCL :/tcl_PutsObjCmd:

Call failed.  Play prompt and collect digit

Followed the steps on this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a00802ab979.shtml#verify_one

Thanks in advance

25 Replies 25

Hi Paolo,

Is it possible for me to install the same CUE 8.6.6 version?  What would be the effect if i did an install/upgrade on the ISM module?  User calls?

Thanks.

8.6.6 is the latest. Maybe something got corrupted.

Hi Paolo,

can i install the same version?  If i make the module offline what effect could that be on the user calls?  My AA is runnning via TCL script..  Thanks

You can install any version you want. While installing, CUE will not work.

Sorry im kinda lost... CUE will not work meaning? all phones cannot place and recieve calls?  Or CUE functions like VM will not work?.. sorry for the question..

We are talking CUE not CME.

If you are not sure, do the works at night.

Hi Paolo,

Yes CUE...now i know the difference...CUE = VM, IVR... CME is the telephony services... Now on the process of installing the CUE in the ISM module.. Found this nice link to guide me..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_6/install/installsre.html#wp1129275

Hi Paolo,

sorry for coming back late...I have read a lot of stuff regarding issues with CUE upgrade and install.. in my case i have an RMA of the module with me now.  I noticed as well that (see image) when i issued a reset of the module in the terminal monitor nothign is shown that the module restarted but instead i see the continous "RBIP Registration REquest"  so the module is busted?  I will be going to the site hopefully in the coming weeks/days to replace the module with the new one.  Yes i was doing the upgrade remotely via VPN .  what do you think of the busted module?  Im using thie ISM-SRE-300-K9 module

The module seems fine, you should use installer image, as described in documentation.

installer image? =

cue-installer.SPA.sme.8.6.6 = this one?

i have tried it with the boot helper mothed but after the install the module goes into loop.  Im suspecting as well since i am doing the installation via VPN the file transfer might get corrupted.

i tried also using the service-module ism 0/0 install url ftp://x.x.x.x/cue-vm-k9.SPA.sme.8.6.6.pkg same result module will go into loop after the language selection..

VPN should not cause corruption.

Try placing all files and tools on a PC local to the CUE and remote into into.